Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Half day animal keeper experience

Andrew D
via mobile
3 Hour keeper experience

RachelMorris
Shropshire

2,456 results
All reviews meerkat experience half day keeper experience hand reared meerkats sheep race raccoon dogs spectacled owl ring tailed lemurs animal encounters boa constrictor my daughter fell asleep christmas present answered all our questions hour experience exotic animals my birthday feed the animals
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Experience was amazing, got to interact with several different animals and the animal keeper was very talkative and knowledgable. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed yesterday

I booked this as my daughters surprize for her 12th birthday. She and her friend had a great time and loved the animals that thy met. I must admit that I wasn't expecting it to be quite like it was. I assumed that you would be doing the feeding and cleaning out and being more hands on. I booked through Groupon at a very reasonable price but I think I may have been a little disappointed if I'd paid the full price showing on the website. Overall an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We did the half day animal experience with Aaron. We got to spend time with some amazing animals and enjoyed every second. Aaron talked about all the animals and made sure we all got plenty of time with each species, he was funny and made it a great experience for us. Definitely would recommend going for the personal experiences and then having a walk around afterwards to see the rest of the animals thank you for such an awesome time

Reviewed yesterday

Disappointed that the meerkat experience started late and we didn’t get a full hour. We enjoyed it, but due to the late start, it did feel quite rushed.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We took our 9 year old daughter for a half day keeper experience on Saturday and what a fantastic time we all had.

She had an absolute ball and loved meeting all of the animals, especially the meerkats!

The keeper, sorry I forget his name, was fantastic. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable, really knew his stuff.

We also spent time in the farm afterwards looking at all of your other animals and had a great day.

Will definitely return and have already recommended it to several friends, one of which is on his way to visit the farm today with his young children.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We had a lovey day out here this week. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The animals seem very well cared for and the whole place is extremely well run. Only
Downside for me was the food, which in my opinion wasn’t great quality.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Myself and my partner travelled over 6 hours round trip for this experience as it was bought for us as Christmas present. I would happily do the trip again. The animals were wonderful and so friendly. The member of staff who showed us round, Aaron, was so knowledgable and seemed to have a connection with the animals. He knew the animals very well which was lovely. Would definitely recommend the experience, we did the meerkat, lemur and serval experience.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Had a fantastic day, the tour guy was very heloful. Me and my partner both thought it was worth a 100 miles round trip :)

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Me and my partner arrived on 12th November 2018 to do the animal encounter. We were welcomed but friendly chatty and helpful staff!!! Aaron (I think) gave us the best experience very friendly and full of great facts and knowledge about all the animals not just the ones we encountered! We didn’t feel rushed and was helpful with taking photos! You could tell he had a great passion and love for all animals and it was great to see!! We will definitely be returning for more visits more experiences and would love a keeper for the day soon!!!! Thank you hoo farm x see you again soon

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I remember visiting here loads as a child and loving it. Getting hands on with loads of animals. Proper traditional farm. But now the owners are taking it to a zoo status it has lost all its charm.

The food is stupidly priced. We went on a day that the cafe wasn’t open and the choice of food in the gift shop was really small and cost a bomb.

I won’t be taking my child back here. I’d rather find a proper farm to attend. Or a proper zoo is I want to see more exotic animals.

1  Thank artymoments
Will D, Partner at Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hi Artymoments,

I'm sorry you feel that way. We moved away from being a normal farm about 25 years ago with the arrival of some 'exotic animals' culminating with us gaining a zoo licence in 2006. In the past 10 years the general response and reviews have only improved with us going from a 3 star attraction in 2008 to the 4.5 star we are today. However I respect your opinion but do strongly disagree.

I find it interesting that you believe the farm has lost much of its charm as we regularly have comments and reviews to the contrary. We also have over 15 hands on activities each weekend day and about 7 on a weekday. This is the most we've ever had making the visit far more hands on than in the past.

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit to us. I do feel you may have visited us expecting something very different to what we offer. Our website, advertising and leaflets make it very clear that we are a zoo attraction - our tagline is even 'Home of Shropshires Big Cats'.

Kind Regards