Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

alishaharris
Thirsk, United Kingdom
via mobile

2,451 results
All reviews meerkat experience half day keeper experience hand reared meerkats sheep race raccoon dogs spectacled owl ring tailed lemurs animal encounters boa constrictor my daughter fell asleep christmas present answered all our questions hour experience exotic animals my birthday feed the animals
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We had a lovey day out here this week. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The animals seem very well cared for and the whole place is extremely well run. Only
Downside for me was the food, which in my opinion wasn’t great quality.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Myself and my partner travelled over 6 hours round trip for this experience as it was bought for us as Christmas present. I would happily do the trip again. The animals were wonderful and so friendly. The member of staff who showed us round, Aaron, was so knowledgable and seemed to have a connection with the animals. He knew the animals very well which was lovely. Would definitely recommend the experience, we did the meerkat, lemur and serval experience.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Had a fantastic day, the tour guy was very heloful. Me and my partner both thought it was worth a 100 miles round trip :)

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Me and my partner arrived on 12th November 2018 to do the animal encounter. We were welcomed but friendly chatty and helpful staff!!! Aaron (I think) gave us the best experience very friendly and full of great facts and knowledge about all the animals not just the ones we encountered! We didn’t feel rushed and was helpful with taking photos! You could tell he had a great passion and love for all animals and it was great to see!! We will definitely be returning for more visits more experiences and would love a keeper for the day soon!!!! Thank you hoo farm x see you again soon

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

I remember visiting here loads as a child and loving it. Getting hands on with loads of animals. Proper traditional farm. But now the owners are taking it to a zoo status it has lost all its charm.

The food is stupidly priced. We went on a day that the cafe wasn’t open and the choice of food in the gift shop was really small and cost a bomb.

I won’t be taking my child back here. I’d rather find a proper farm to attend. Or a proper zoo is I want to see more exotic animals.

1  Thank artymoments
Will D, Partner at Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Hi Artymoments,

I'm sorry you feel that way. We moved away from being a normal farm about 25 years ago with the arrival of some 'exotic animals' culminating with us gaining a zoo licence in 2006. In the past 10 years the general response and reviews have only improved with us going from a 3 star attraction in 2008 to the 4.5 star we are today. However I respect your opinion but do strongly disagree.

I find it interesting that you believe the farm has lost much of its charm as we regularly have comments and reviews to the contrary. We also have over 15 hands on activities each weekend day and about 7 on a weekday. This is the most we've ever had making the visit far more hands on than in the past.

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit to us. I do feel you may have visited us expecting something very different to what we offer. Our website, advertising and leaflets make it very clear that we are a zoo attraction - our tagline is even 'Home of Shropshires Big Cats'.

Kind Regards

Will Dorrell
Partner

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We had a lovely visit to Hoo farm ! We went for an experience day with the servals, lemurs and meerkats and had a wonderful time, the quire that took us around (Alison) if remembered correctly was very friendly and knowledgable the whole way through, would recommend a visit to anybody ! Thankyou

Reviewed 5 days ago

Myself and my 9 year old daughter did the half day Animal Keeper experience and we had a wonderful time. Aaron our guide was really knowledgeable and didn't rush anyone if they wanted more time with a particular animal. I would highly recommend it and we will be back.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Just been for a meerkat encounter as my friend bought me a voucher for my birthday. It was a great experience. Would definitely recommend. Hoo farm is very interesting with lots of different animals to see.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

What a fantastic day!

We got to get up close and personal with over 20 kinds of different animals. Our zoo keeper guide Tanzin was amazing! He was so informative, friendly, funny and genuinely loved the animals he cared for. We were impressed by his animal knowledge and overall tour.

The animals all look happy and well looked after. In some placed the farm did look a little run down but can't fault that as animals were well cared for and staff were all really helpful and friendly. The food from cafe was delicious and gift shop although a little expensive had lots of goodies to take home.

Would hundred percent reccomend the all day zoo keeper experience. Well worth the money in comparison to bigger zoos where you only get half a day with one animal.

Reviewed 5 days ago

We did the carnivore encounter for two here and if you get the chance, it's a really good experience. We stroked the gorgeous serval, help a spectacled owl, and fed the arctic foxes. Even without this experience, this place is still a great couple of hours out. It's a small place but if you take the time to enjoy the animals and surroundings, it's well worth a look. When we went there was also lamb feeding. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable and food prices weren't too bad. The whole place is very flat. Also there were a few free-roaming and friendly cats!