“Will be hard to find better food for the price”

The Grove At Walcot
Ranked #6 of 246 Restaurants in Telford
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We specialise in the black rock grill, steaks cook at the table on a lava rock,serving only the best extra mature Aberdeen Angus and wild steaks and have a huge selection of home made desserts and serve afternoon tea from 3pm on a Sundays. For afternoon teas bookings only.
“Will be hard to find better food for the price”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Visited the Grove tonight, tried the new cattle meat on the black rock which was astounding.The chefs pate starter was also excellent. The deserts looked fab but unfortunately I couldn't eat any more as I was fit to burst. Great value for money based on the quality of the food. This was my 3rd visit to The Grove and definitely will not be the last.

• Visited June 2013
keever0, Owner at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
thankyou for your super review,, we are adding to the range of different meats ,, so hopefully we will see you again soon, lesley

West Midlands
“2 visits in a week!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Following a recommendation from 2 colleagues at work, we visited firstly with our friends over from Crete, and then a week later with our daughter who was home for the weekend.
What a fabulous place. The "feature" is the hot rock, on which you essentially cook your steak just the way you want it - by the way these a really top quality steaks. Service on both visits was really nice, overall food quality just lovely. And then you get to the desserts.... my colleagues recommendation was strongly "desserts not starters". As it happens on the first visit I stuck to my usual approach of the starter, but second time round we did go for the desserts and you really do need to try these - just don't be on a diet!
Absolutely lovely all round.

keever0, Owner at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
thankyou for your super review, we are adding to our black rock grill ,and we have new desserts ,, look forward to seeing you again,
Telford, United Kingdom
“Ice cream to die for”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A birthday treat from my daughter and her partner. Great meal unusually but magnificently presented and perfectly cooked. Try the home-meade ice cream it's out of this world.

keever0, Owner at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
thankyou for your super review im sooo pleased you like our new home made ice cream,, lots more flavours are coming and super sundaes !!!
sukhysingh
“nice - but not the 2nd best eatery in Telford.”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

for the price you pay (£40), the food was average and the service was average but the portion sizes were good. the best thing about this place was the gorgeous dessert. unfortunately, the credit card machine did not work when we visited and I was told it would be ok to drop it in the next time I was in the area (which I did). We ordered the fish and chips and the lamb. fish batter was way too oily. veg with the lamb were a bit lacklustre (though the lamb itself was nice). despite the mains being average, I would recommend it just for the dessert cabinet.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank sukhysingh
keever0, Owner at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
thankyou for your review, im sorry we had problems with the card machine,, and with it being valentines, it was really nice that people took the time to come back the following day to pay, im sorry you were disappointed with your meal,, my staff are trained to ask you during your meal and i wish you would have said then, hopefully we will see you again .
London, United Kingdom
“Just Perfect!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked a table of 5 for my family & I to celebrate my Dad's birthday. I wished I lived closer than London to visit The Grove more often, the food was out of this world!! Absolutely delicious and more than ample portions, it is such a good thing that they do desert to take away, as there was no hope of me eating the AMAZING Raspberry & White chocolate cheesecake they had on offer!
An all round lovely meal out, brilliant service, great atmosphere and will definitely eat here again when I am up from the smoke!

keever0, Owner at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
thankyou for your super review,, we look forward to seeing you again when you are up !! new desserts and new items on the black rock .