“Sunday lunch”

The Grove At Walcot
Ranked #5 of 257 Restaurants in Telford
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We specialise in the black rock grill, steaks cook at the table on a lava rock,serving only the best extra mature Aberdeen Angus and wild steaks and have a huge selection of home made desserts and serve afternoon tea from 3pm on a Sundays. For afternoon teas bookings only.
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Tried the Grove this weekend as we'd just come back off holiday and the fridge was bare. I'm always on the lookout for a decent sunday lunch in the area, but they are few and far between. Having read the reviews on TA we gave the Grove a try and were really pleased. The food was really good and the plates ate full, go hungry would be my advice as three courses would be quite dificult to accommodate. Yes I will return and yes I would recommend.

1  Thank TelfordSteve
keever0, Owner at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

hi,,, thankyou for your lovely review, we are going to launch our sunday lunch platters from the 30 th sept,so hopefully we will see you for one of those,, !! and some autumn puddings

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Nice food, big portions, extravagant desserts. Great if you like that kind of thing but I never have room after a delicious starter and main!

Reliable country pub restaurant.

keever0, Owner at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

thank you for your review on trip advisor,, see you again soon lesley

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We love coming here, it's a proper country pub/restaurant. The food is fantastic, the staff are exemplary and this is the only place that lives up to the maxim 'nothing is too much trouble'. You HAVE to have the Black Rock steak!

keever0, Owner at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

hi,, thank you for your review,, we are really happy we are your favourite place , so look forward to seeing you again soon .

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife, daughter her husband and I ate here (21st Aug 2012) and we all had a throughly enjoyable meal and evening out. The pub is adorned with various odds and ends all tastefully arranged on the walls or floor, the tables and chairs aren't crammed in so you have plenty of space to eat in. The whole experience was so good I've booked my 'formation eating team' (four couples) in for next moth.

The regular menu is complimented by a specials sheet giving you a very comprehensive selection of meals: we all had something different for our starters and mains, nothing was left on any plate. The hot stone (Black Rock) steak I had was wonderful as was my son-in-laws mixed grill (or so he told me), my daughter choose to have the fish cook-your-self option and she too wolfed her meal down. The desserts are another draw to this country pub: the selection is almost as large as the portions: make sure you're hungry if you come here, I was the only one to manage three courses!

I am old enough to remember when this pub was a grotty, empty place: were no food was served, it has certainly been altered and changed completely since then.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank Lincolnshirechap

hi,, thank you so much for your review, we are pleased you had a enjoyable experience with us and look forward to seeing you again so soon,,

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I love going to the Grove, we always have a great time. We go here for Birthdays and special occasions.
The pub has a lovely atmosphere and the puddings are really yummy :)

keever0, Manager at The Grove At Walcot, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

hi, than you for your review, and you enjoy it here, look forward to seeing you again soon