1,671 results
All reviews q hotels spa break gorge bar relaxation room heated loungers spa facilities sauna and steam room evening meal light lunch ironbridge gorge main restaurant restaurant staff reception staff both nights bar area food was lovely afternoon tea
Selected filters
Reviewed May 31, 2019

Part of the Q hotels chain.

GM Fundraising event held here, the pro shop were very helpful, buggies lined up ready for hire, practice balls and putting green were great.

Good challenge of good for most people (from the white tees) and the staff were most pleasant. Rooms were fine, but safety chains on the windows prevented fresh air and concerns for fire safety, but the issue was that the heating was on and the rooms were very hot.

Still everyone enjoyed their evening and the golf so good result

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Brett D, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that the golf was in your favour

I hope you will consider returning to the hotel in the not too distant future and please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do to expedite your return.

Reviewed May 30, 2019

Have used this hotel many times in the past but since last visit the chain has been sold to a private equity firm and the standards have slipped.
On arrival staff were excellent but unaware we had been members of Q club and had been before. Our room was over looking the entry to the golf links so had a pleasant view, but sadly was also above the golfers congregating point and so was noisy if we opened the window for fresh air.
The room was clean, tidy and functional. Though a second easy chair and refrigerator would enhance the rooms. It has trouser press and iron in it along with kettle for tea and coffee, which was fully replenished each day. The bed was very comfortable. At night the room was quiet with almost not corridor noise. There is air con and it worked well.
Breakfast - the standard has remained the same offering both cereals and fruits along with a selection of items for a full English breakfast. If you can get a table with a view over the valley is very pleasant.
The leisure centre has not changed and was quiet outside the children times. The ice shower and heated stone seats are a real pleasure.
Downside - the quiet bar has been closed leaving only the pre-dinning area to "relax" with a drink. As a result very limited seating options and the smokers kept leaving the door open to the balcony where they went to smoke. Door clearly needs a self closure spring on it.
Also on arrival watch speed bump it is a bit of a swine.
The quiet bar area has left the seating in place but is now 100 yrds from the serving bar in the dinning room.
Check out was efficient.
Most of the staff were polite, helpful and efficient.
Would we use again if in the area - yes

Room tip: Ask for a room with a number 416 or higher to get the quiet end of the hotel (apart from noisy golfers)
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelling_Imp_1956

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us however I note the aspects of your stay which were not to your liking. I do appreciate you mentioning these and I will ensure that we do everything possible to rectify this.

Reviewed May 29, 2019

Have stayed previously at other Q Hotels so was expecting a better than average stay, oh were we wrong. Check in was ‘efficient’ but not welcoming, our room, believe it was a Superior Classic, was described as spacious, modern with lovely views. It was a dark, unventilated ‘dungeon’, looking out at a brick wall. Couldn’t leave window open as it opened onto a stairway and there’s no A/C, so very stuffy.
Complained to reception who said they were fully booked, but would check if there was an alternative and get back to us, they didn’t.
The hotel generally is tired, and staff seem uninterested, our room wasn’t clean, toilet lid was left open with what looked like dust particles left at the bottom and insufficient bathroom supplies meant we had to ask for more. Restaurant food was expensive, of below average quality and quantity with long waits for service, over an hour when not seemingly very busy?
Breakfast was very poor, best described as a sloppy service with food spilled all over the serving area, needless to say we didn’t eat there again, which was frustrating as the breakfast was included in the booking.
Really don’t mind paying premium rates for drinks if the surroundings are welcoming, comfortable and stylish, none of these are applicable, drinks prices far too high and not all drinks listed on the bar menu, just snacks, wines and beer, no spirits, so didn’t know how much these were costing until you got the bill.
Unfortunately, there was very little to the Spa, certainly lacking in facilities, if you didn’t have any treatments booked, then all you really get is a cold pool, steam/sauna room. No treatments available all weekend.
On checkout, we were not asked about our stay at all, but just presented with the bill!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback with other travelers. Please accept my apologies that there were aspects to your stay which you did not enjoy. I do appreciate you mentioning these and I will ensure that we do everything possible to rectify this.

Reviewed May 27, 2019

It’s an average hotel. On arrival we were not offered a complimentary newspapaer even though the couple in front of us were. We had room service and we asked for three sets of cutlery and plates and only got one plate and one set of cutlery but the food was good. The room had lots of dust above the bed and just felt very dated. On the radiator the paint was rusty and the windowsill had the paint peeling off and so was the corner of the wallpaper. The beds were comfortable but was slightly noisy for about 10 mins as loud people were talking outside. The staff weren’t that friendly. On the first day of breakfast there was a christening party the day before and there was not much breakfast and there was only 4 staff and only a couple were actually serving. Overall it’s a nice hotel but just there a just a few things that could be sorted but it’s has an amazing view and scenery and would visit the golf course. The pool was amazing and great seating areas if you don’t want to get in the pool. I would want to get a ground floor room or a room opposite the pool on my next stay. I recommend it and would probably stay here again.

Room tip: Opposite the pool such as rooms 409 and 410 or a ground floor room such as 300-308
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Brett D, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback with other Trip Advisor users. I appreciate your feedback and will ensure that these items are addressed with the teams concerned. I was particularly concerned that you did not find the team friendly and welcoming and please accept my sincere apologies for this. It is not the behavior we aspire to and I am sorry if any of the team have come across in this way.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

Booked a Saturday night stay over for a local wedding..we literally dropped our bags and had to grab a taxi to the venue. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was a little dated to be honest and looks like it could do with a bit of a refurb. The bed was comfy however we were immediately over the function room and garden,we didnt get back til.12.30 am and it was still very noisy outside for some time after that.Middle of the road hotel, nothing to shout about and nothing to moan about apart from the noise .

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback with other guests. I am sorry that you found your room not to your liking and I will ensure that these concerns are incorporated into future changes we make to the business.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of assistance