1,478 results
All reviewsq hotelsspa breakgorge barrelaxation roombreakaway clubdriving rangeheated loungersspa facilitiessauna and steam roomevening meallight lunchironbridge gorgerestaurant staffmain restaurantreception staffbar areaboth nights
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We booked a spa break weekend away. We chose this location as it looked amazing and a good price for a treatment, lunch, spa facilities, dinner and breakfast.
We arrived ready to relax, the staff were all very helpful and polite. We had a couples massage very nice and ladies were great.

The pool area is extremely hot and difficult to breathe in. Very nice until 3pm when about 6 children and parents came in making lots of noise and splashing all the people who were there to relax (Very unrelaxing).

Lunch was nice and light, dinner was a disappointment, ceaser salad was not nice, very accommodating and took the price of it off my main meal.

The room was standard but very warm indeed, a small window and no air con or a fan not a good night's sleep

Breakfast was self service, big variety of cereals, pastries, hot food and fruit. Very yummy

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Jordan10101, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear Suzanne B,

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay at the Resort.
I am pleased you had an enjoyable Anniversary Break and thank you for choosing the Resort to celebrate such as occasion.

I know the Food and Beverage team have addressed the issue with the salad with our Head Chef and this is something we'll improve on for your next visit.
I will also raise your feedback regarding the pool temperature with our Leisure Club Manager as we might have the opportunity to reduce the temperature with the recent hot weather.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

bit of a last minute thing. only an hour or so drive from us so was useful. We turned up 3hours before check in to use facilities, room was ready so went straight up and then made use of the spa. Pretty basic pool steam and sauna we didnt book any treatments, All clean and well maintained though. We then had a light bite in 'The Gorge' bar and watched the football good atmosphere staff working tirelessly and keepeing things in check with the odd couple of people who may have had a few too may. Room was clean, comfy but a little over looked even on the 1st floor. Dinner in the main restaurant was decent starters nothing special but ok but the mains were lovely even if a bit pricey. well worth it though. Breakfast is buffet style in the restaurant good selection and decent quality. Overall was a nice weekend i would mainly recommend for spa and golfing getaways.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Will2606,

Thank you for the lovely feedback.
I am delighted you enjoyed your last minute break at the Resort and managed to enjoy the football in our Gorge Bar.

I will share your feedback with the bars team who worked very hard during the weekend with lots of football fans enjoying a great match.
It's great to hear you enjoyed the facilities and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

Great base for visiting Ironbridge. Good food, attentive staff and beautiful setting. Lovely to be able to sit outside in the evening with a drink enjoying the views over the gorge. Excellent spa and swimming pool. One of the best hotels we have stayed in. Will be back!

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Jamcar16,

Thank you for the 5 star review.

I agree that the hotel is in a great location to visit the historic Ironbridge.
I am delighted you had an excellent few days at the Resort and I'll certainly share your positive feedback with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights. All aspects of our stay were excellent. The staff were professional, helpful and friendly. Our room was spacious, well furnished and clean. The food and drink were very enjoyable, and the leisure facilities were great.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony W

Dear Tony W,

Thank you for the 5 star review.

I am delighted you enjoyed the facilities within the Resort and had a great stay with the team.
I'll make sure the team are aware of your stunning feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Excellent customer service from the most incredible front desk staff.
We booked a kingsize superior room and I am glad we did. Other then no air-conditioning the room was fabulous. A quiet wing of the hotel with a fantastic view of the valley beyond and only the sound of birds to wake us in the morning. Big fluffy towels, bathrobes, and a huge soaker tub were well used.
The buffet breakfast was decent and we had plenty of options to choose from.
We had lunch in the clubhouse restaurant and found the food disappointing.
Dinner in the bar area of the restaurant was inconsistent. Our food arrived at different times. They forgot our condiments (ketchup for fries), the salt shaker was empty and they never cleared our plates I had to ask someone once the table was full of empty glasses and plates. They did however have a decent wine selection even though it was overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrAndMrsMyth
Jordan10101, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Dear MrAndMyth,

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay at the Resort.
I am delighted to hear the Reception team looked after you very well during your stay which they'll be thrilled to hear about.

I am disappointed to hear about you service issues within the bar outlet and I'll certainly address them with our Food & Beverage Manager.