“Great Place”

Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Visited 10th and 11th September. Made very welcome by the staff. Check in very easy. Manager Michael looked after our party very well. Food was excellent. Enjoyed the golf course nice layout and some very pretty holes. Will be returning very soon with the wife as the spa is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Michael L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear John,
Thank you for your very kind comments, I am delighted you had a great time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back wit your wife very soon.
Thank you again for being so kind I will pass on your comments to the rest of my team.
Kind regards
Michael Lavizani

Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This fantastic hotel and staff made the travel of 300 miles well worth it!...
Our Curvy Riders MCC arrived on the friday and left on the monday morning, we were all made very welcome and nothing was too much trouble.
The buffet they put on for us on the friday evening was delicious. They must have gone to a lot of trouble to try and cater for everyone as ladies were still arriving well after they opened the buffet. Hats off to the kitchen staff!..
The table service and food the next two nights was spot on. No faults there. Food arrived hot and there was plenty of it.
The buffet breakfast each morning had plenty of variety.
The Spa facilities are fantastic, I had a massage while there and it was one of the best ones I have ever had! Thank you...
We used the pool, sauna and steam room, all in great condition and lovely lighting..
I would not hesitate to travel they miles again to enjoy the hotels facilities and local area.
I had a ground floor twin room, that was big enough for us and our luggage and of course all the bike gear (this does take up some amount of room!)..
A clean and tidy bedroom. Reception staff were great and had a laugh with us.
Keep up the good work, and thank you soo much for having all of us to stay!.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments, it was a pleasure to look after you all we all enjoyed having you here.
I will pass on your very kind comments to all my team.
Thank you again and we hope to see you very soon.
Kind Regards
Michael Lavizani

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed 26th Aug in a wheel chair friendly room. Stayed before and enjoyed all the facilities. This time we had a disaster meal. Anything we ordered we sent back. The staff said there was a problem in the kitchen. No excuses if you book into a 4 star hotel you should expect 4 star service. Will not use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Over 100 female bikers came to the hotel this weekend. WOW! The staff from start to finish were amazing! I overheard one manager telling a waitress how well she was doing (you dont hear that often). All staff smiled, held doors open, called me miss and even caried my helmet to the room. The food was lovely, sauna and steam room lovely! The pool a little on the cold side. The room was lovely and clean and tidy. I will defianlty be comming back again. What an amazing lot of staff you have! I would be very proud to employ such dedicated and loyal staff.

Room Tip: I had a twin room with a friend and it was warm and cosy but with plenty of room for two bikers lugg...
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We held the annual National Trip Weekend for Curvy Riders MCC here, with over 100 club members attending. Rightthrough from the very beginning of the booking process to the end of our weekend, Bridget Parton and her team could not be faulted. They provided everything we needed,accommodating special diets and room requirements and just could not do enough for us. We were provided with an excellent hot buffet on the Friday night, to accommodate the staggered arrival of guests, and two wonderful three course meals on the other two evenings of our stay. The food was beautiful, tasty and well presented and the service at all times was attentive and prompt. Many of our ladies enjoyed the spa facilities and we were provided with a private parking area for our 100 or so motorcycles. The rooms are well equipped and clean, with lovely bathrooms and toiletries. I really could not have wished for better.

The hotel facilities and location are excellent, but what really made our event special was the attention to detail and the friendly, warm attentiveness of the staff. Bridget Parton, Conference and Events Manager, and Miles (sorry, surname has slipped my mind) are to be congratulated on their excellent service. I don't think Miles slept at all, he was always there when we needed him! I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Travelled over 3 hours to come to this hotel, stayed for 2 nights. We stayed in a king size room which was so spacious and right at the end of the corridor and the view outside our window was looking into other people's rooms. The building is quite a old one so no lift as such. The swimming pool is lovely we went about 8pm so not a lot of people in it the steam room was bliss. There was a couple of things about the hotel to moan about:
● The ladies changing room was quite small, only a bench to get changed on.
●The staff in the restaurant didnt seem to know what to do, on the first morning for breakfast had to wait for more then 15 mins to be asked if we wanted a tea or coffee. Then on the second morning we didn't get asked at all I had to ask after about 20 mins.
●Walking around the hotel we saw other staff saying hello to other guests but not to use. We are a young couple but you treat all guests the same.

Over all I would recommend this hotel and would come back again if in this area.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Visited with my cousin before making our way to alton towers. we had a Lovely night stay. Very friendly staff and very helpful. Can't comment on spa or golf part as I didn't have time to use it but the pool looked very inviting. Thanks to all enjoyed our stay there even though it was very brief.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telford
4 mi away
#1 of 3 in Ironbridge
Hadley Park House Hotel
Hadley Park House Hotel
#7 of 21 in Telford

Been to Telford Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!