“Golf & Country Business Trip”

Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed February 28, 2013

A good hotel for the area; gym and pool are good; food is good and rooms are good value; TV service is not hot with limited freeview channels and poor signal. Ideally placed for a trip to Ironbridge and all the museums. Staff are good!!!.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Mike D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are at presnt looking into the TV's at the hotel and hope to have a solution soon.
In the meantime should i be of any further help please feel free to contact me.

Jerrod Latham

Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I’m working in Telford for a three month project and am yet again very impressed with The Telford Golf and Spa Hotel. Living away from home in Telford isn’t ideal but the hotel consistently performs very well in terms of:
Reception Staff – remembered me after a year of not staying at the hotel. Always polite, courteous and ensure that I’m always in the same room
Breakfast Staff – Margaret and her team are superb at quickly and efficiently providing a great breakfast. I normally have poached eggs on toast that aren’t on the buffet and they always turn it around really quickly...with a smile.
Sports facilities – The gym and pool are the best in Telford and always clean and well maintained.

Only downside is the choice of evening meals for vegetarians in the restaurant but there's lots of choice in Ironbridge, Shifnal and elsewhere just a short taxi journey away.

Overall it’s a very well run hotel and a home away from home. The management are clearly doing a great job and runnning a tight ship.

Room Tip: Rooms in Derby House are the biggest and nicest. Otherwise a room on the second floor facing the gol...

Dear CharlieUrsell,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review, I note your comments regarding the menu choice and indeed we are undertaking a review of the menu and will have a new seasonal menu in place by early April, however, in the meantime should there be something that you would like and is not on the menu, please ask to speak to our Chef and we will try to accommodate your request.
Should i be of any further help in the future please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

After arriving in time for check in we where greeted by a very polite and smiling receptionist, who directed us to our room and explains where we could find the hotels facilities. We had 50 minute ritual treatment in the spa and the therapists where very pleasent, the treatments where amazing! We dined in the 1779 restaurant at 8 o'clock the food was very tasty and the portions were more than sufficient! We asked if we could have our deserts bought to our room and where informed that it was no problem. They bought the deserts to our room at the time we asked for.
Over all our stay was brilliant, will definitely return again. Thank u to all the very polite helpful staff...

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Mikky86

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. Should i or any of my team be of any help in the future please feel free to contact me.

General manager

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel on a Sunday evening for business. When I arrived in a downpour, I was slightly disheartened to find a cooch ahd just arrived however by the time I had unloaded my bags from the car Reception was empty! Very efficient.

My first impression of the Hotel was that the reception area is a bit bland and the Lobby Bar did not appear to be open but is also vast and I cannot imagine it being very atmospheric. However this did not bother me as I intended to have a quiet evening working in the room.

The room itself was well-decorated and comfortable, There was not a bathrobe as I expected but one was delivered within 10 mins once I asked reception. I also asked if there was a spare newspaper and whilst one was not found a search was launched to find me one.

I ordered room serivce twice. Once for drinks and then for a meal. Both times it was delivered in a timely manner. The staff here are very friendly. In fact when my meal was delivered I was also informed I might want to check the weather outside as it had snowed since I arrived. I did consider that I might need to stay for a second night if the weather did not improve and this would not have disappointed me, other than my desire to be at home with my family!

The staff make what would be just another business hotel somewhere that I will book again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear HollyBramble1,

May i firstly thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent visit to the hotel.

I am pleased that the team here were able to meet your expectations, myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We went here for a two night break, that was my husbands xmas present from me. He had always wanted to see the ironbridge, so off we went. There is loads to do around the area, apart from see the bridge. The hotel itself was lovely; pleasant surroundings, gorgeous room and food to die for. Everything was efficient, spotless and helpful. The pool and sauna was brilliant and I used the spa on the sunday morning for a back and shoulder massage; good value at £25, and felt brilliant. I would definately go back to this hotel and recommend it to other people. If you are going to use the spa, book your treatments as soon as you get there, as there are a lot of girlie spa weekenders and it is often booked up. Enjoy.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a superior room which wasn't disappointing.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear hazel040,

Thank you for taking the time in leaving a review.

I am pleased that we were able to deliver such a great weekend away, and i am pleased that you chose to spend it with us.

Should i or any member of my team be of any further help please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was most disappointed by my whole stay at this hotel. The spa was ok but the treatment was awful. I had to return to my room and have a wash to get rid of the oil which was smothered all over me. I asked to make a complaint and was told that a form would be sent to me. I left my e mail address but nothing has come. Next morning I went back to spend a little time by the pool before I left and asked for a robe but was told that only one is given per guest and as I had left mine behind the previous day I could not have another. The food is average. The room are dingy and the crockery is not properly washed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dawn M

Dear Dawn M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, i am interested to find out more regarding your visit and ask that you contact me at the hotel, at a time to suit you.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Arrived at the hotel @ 11pm and was greeted with a big smile from a receptionist who was extremely helpful and cheerful.

Had a quiet room, comfortable bed, good sleep. Need to pay a bit more attention on cleanliness of the room as I found hair on sink and also the shower cubicle.

Breakfast the next day - again greeted with smiling, attentive staff. Should have more choices of food during lunch time.

Dear KLK2012,

Thanks for leaving a great review, i am glad that we were able to meet your expectations.

All the best and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Jerrod Latham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Telford
4 mi away
Best Western Valley Hotel
Best Western Valley Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ironbridge
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa

Been to Telford Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!