We have just spent 3 nights at this hotel as part of a large group (35 people - mostly middle aged couples) and we had a really nice and enjoyable time. The hotel is located just perfectly to enjoy much of the lovely county of Shropshire and mid Wales. Nestled in the foothills of the Wrekin, you are straight into lovely countryside and walks as soon as you walk out the front door.
Our bedroom was at the front of the hotel and near the lakeside. This is without doubt the best location as we enjoyed relative peace and quiet, a small balcony and views over the lawn and lake. Some of our friends were not so lucky, experiencing either views of brick walls or enduring noise from the bar and wedding disco there on the Friday night. So beware when you book.
The hotel overall is well appointed and decorated, and looked like a Swiss ski resort in the laying snow that greeted our arrival. A comfortable bar and lounge area made for good socialising with our group. Thankfully the wedding party with whom we shared the hotel seemed to be elsewhere in a function room for their dinner, although joined us at breakfast causing the staff and facilities to struggle at times. I imagine it does a lot of weddings as it’s a lovely location and their advertised packages seemed very reasonably priced.
Our bedroom was lovely, newly refurbished I guess and a perfectly nice place to sit and read or catch up on some sleep. The bed was firm, just as we like it, but may not suit those with softer tastes. Nice bathroom and power shower - all good.
There were from our part only two real negatives;
1) The bar service was really bad nearly all the time and we waited for simply ages to get served on all three evenings.
2) The food was very hit and miss, and varied greatly in quality, it had more of a school dinner feel to it than 3 star restaurant at times. We had a good group deal from the hotel and maybe this was reflected in our specific menu options, but some of it was very badly prepared.
Overall we had a great time and would go again only hesitating to make sure we got a good room location and avoided any big weddings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buckatree Hall Hotel is a renowned country house hotel set in its own mature gardens and woodland beside a scenic lake. The hotel offers first class accommodation and facilities in which you can relax and enjoy the memorable surroundings and location. We are ideally located at the foot of the famous Wrekin Hill for all of Shropshire's finest tourist attractions including Ironbridge and its museums, the Black Country and Shrewsbury. Just a short journey from Telford central we are also ideal as a base for visiting Chester, North Wales and the West Midlands. A full service hotel of which the team are highly motivated to provide a professional, friendly and fantastic product at all times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buckatree Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buckatree Hall Telford
- Hotel Buckatree Hall
- Buckatree Hall Hotel Telford, England