“Amazing” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Great Value for money. Stayed here for there weekend, staff are lovely, rooms are great but quite hot or stuffy however to resolve this you only need to ask for a fan or something. Facilities are great and have reasonable opening and closing hours. I would definitely 100% come back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Sinead N
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially because you found the staff to be lovely and the facilities suited your requirements.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon and thank you for recommending us.
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I recently got married at The Park Inn Telford and would like to thank all the staff for making my day so special. The food was lovely and the service was very efficient. A lot of my guests stayed over and all gave good feedback on their rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel for a wedding venue. Thanks again all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Helen W
Thank you for your 5 star review after your wedding day at the Park Inn Telford. We are so pleased that everyone helped to make your day special and I will certainly pass on your thanks to all the staff.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Overnight here on a stopover on the way to Cornwall. We selected this particular hotel due to the fact that it allowed us to break off from our journey after the 300-mile mark.
The bedroom was clean and comfortable although the pillows were too soft. We dined in the hotel as it was rather late and we had done enough driving for the day. The food was fine and the service was fine too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear JimBlandings
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and I hope your trip to Cornwall was enjoyable.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Been staying here for a number of months on and off with work. Per title - rooms are pretty modern, good size for single business travellers (double beds) with pillow choice. Bathrooms are modern (shower only - I've had several occasions where shower head was scaled up and had to be descaled. Lack of AC means that depending on where in the hotel complex you are, rooms can get uncomfortably warm in summer, even with windows open. Reception will offer fans if available.

Hotel staff are great - courteous and responsive to guest needs. Club Carlson members are recognised and preferences noted.

Breakfast is usual decent affair, both quality and variety. Evening meals can lack choice, menus recycled often and depending on if they have large groups staying, guests actively discouraged sometimes from making a meal booking.

Overall I would definitely recommend the Park Inn for the pricepoint and the market it serves.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not facing the side of hotel where ventilation units are on the roof below.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ineaxm
Dear ineaxm
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed staying staying with us and that you would definately recommend the Park Inn Telford.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon
Luton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed for just the one night. The room itself was very comfortable but had no air conditioning. Unfortunately it was right above some noisy units above what I believe was the swimming pool. As it was quite warm at night I had the choice of either sweltering with the window closed or having the window open and trying to sleep despite the incessant noise. I would avoid this hotel if I was going to Telford again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Eric 51
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was disappoionted to read that your stay was disturbed by the ventilation from the leisure facilities. If you had you called reception whilst you were in the hotel I am sure we would of been able to change your room to one which was more suitable. We would also be more than happy to accommodate any other requests you may have should you decide to stay with us in the future.
Somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed over the last weekend as a base for visiting the Ironbridge museums.
We stayed on a 2 day package DB&B basis on first night and B&B on the second night. The car park is large with good sized parking bays - there is a car wash company operating on site who seem to do a very thorough job judging by the amount of cars using this service.
When we arrived we were greeted by a helpful happy smiling receptionist, booking in was simple and we were directed to our room. The ground floor room which we were allocated was typical for this type of hotel, the bed was very comfortable, the room was clean and my only minor complaint would be that the very small bodywash provided (20ml) for 2 people, which we used on the first day, was not replaced during our visit.
We reserved a table for dinner and sat down in a good sized restaurant which was slightly chilly due to the over-zealous aircon. We were allowed to choose our inclusive evening meal from the main or fixed 3 course menu (choice of 4 main dishes) up to a value of £20, which covered the fixed menu completely.
I chose garlic mushrooms as a starter, which was a very reasonably sized portion, very tasty and served nice and hot, although the plate was cold, something a fellow guest on an adjacent table complained to the waitress about as his main fish dish cooled very quickly.
My wife had chosen the beer battered cod and I had meatballs/spaghetti, so we were both anticipating the worst but were pleasantly surprised when food on piping hot plates arrived.
Again, reasonable sized hot and tasty portions so no complaints with the evening meals at all.
The self service breakfast on the first day was excellent, plenty of cereals and hot cooked food to choose from, and everything in good supply. On the second day, the breakfast service was not as good, with many of the food items running out and things not seeming to be replaced unless you asked. In my case I had to ask for cornflakes dispenser to be refilled, marmalade and tomato sauce was not refilled and there was no uncut bread available throughout the our meal. Perhaps this was because everyone seemed to arrive at a similar time for breakfast which didn't help, but the staff need to try a little harder to keep the breakfast bar filled.
Checking out was simple, no queues, so very quick. All in all we were happy with our first visit to this hotel and would be happy to stay again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank s34107
Dear S34107
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you found the hotel to be conveniently located for your visiit to the Ironbridge museums and you found us to be good value for money. I have passed on your comments to the breakfast team to ensure breakfast items are replaced before they run out completely.
I am pleased you were happy with your first visit to us and I hope to welcome you back when you return to the area.
Kineton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is the free wifi , the room is ok , but there is no spoon to stir your coffee or tea,no shower gel or shampoo.
Not a great experience , next time in Telford will try the ramada.
The staff is helpful .

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear shnelf1
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was disappointed to read that you had missing teaspoons and shower gel in the room, these items have been replaced and all other bedrooms checked.
These are not our normal standards and I do hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.