Park Inn by Radisson Telford
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Swan Hotel(Telford)
View Hotel
All reviewssmall poolcoach tripwalk in showershopping centregood sizebusiness hotelhash brownsreception staffleisure facilitiesan overnight staytea coffeestayed here for two nightsbuffet styleshort staycouple of nightsevening mealsteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the free wifi , the room is ok , but there is no spoon to stir your coffee or tea,no shower gel or shampoo.
Not a great experience , next time in Telford will try the ramada.
The staff is helpful .

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear shnelf1
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was disappointed to read that you had missing teaspoons and shower gel in the room, these items have been replaced and all other bedrooms checked.
These are not our normal standards and I do hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The Park inn provides good value accommodation in the Telford area, close to Ironbridge and its many attractions. It is well located, with easy access to all of the main roads, and shopping centre. Breakfast is excellent value, evening meals - menu a bit basic and limited choice, but OK for a couple of days, and there are plenty of options within a short drive so not a big issue.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Stephen C
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you found the hotel to be conveniently located and good value for money. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my husband at the end of June for a long weekend and we had a fantastic stay. The staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I would strongly recommend this hotel and would stay there again myself.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Samantha G
Thank you for your 5 star review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you had a fantastic stay and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here whilst on business. Easy to find just off the M54. Staff seemed friendly enough. Room clean with very comfortable bed. Restaurant food adequate but drinks in bar rather expensive. Breakfast very good with good choice from self service buffet. Would use hotel again.

Room Tip: No air conditioning in bedrooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Nigel030
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

On arrival we were greeted by an unsmiling receptionist by the word "yes?" in a style very unsimilar to that of "Carol" the computer says no, on little britain. As she glared at us for daring to interrupt her day. After a night in the premier inn where we were unable to sleep we asked if it there were any vacancies, and were responded to with another surly "yes." We then asked if it would be possible to have a look at the room as we did not want to find ourselves in a similar situation to the night before where we could not sleep due to the extreme temperature of the room. We were shown up to a room- which we assumed would be ours by a lovely man, who was very professional. We then agreed to take the room and went back to the reception to pay etc. The other lady working on the reception seemed to be very professional, was smiling and talking in a polite manner with guests, unfortunately again we were not served by her.
The unsmiling receptionist addressed us again with her "yes?" we said we'd like to take the room please. She responded with "£95", ok, does that include breakfast? She said "£95". We then paid, found our room was not the room we had previously looked at. We went upto the room and found it to be next door to the cleaners cupboard with the aircon units for the pool and gym under the window so it was noisy and blowing hot air in! There was no air con in the room. I went back to reception and explained that the room we had been given was not to the same standard, or size as the room I had been shown. Then the unsmiling receptionist said, right well if thats not good enough for you, go upstairs, get all your bags (4 large suitcases) and then I'll give you the key for the new room. I asked if she was serious, that she wanted me to bring 4 large suitcases down from 3rd floor to reception to then take them up to the 2nd floor??! She snarled, fine then just take the key but you must bring it back or you'll be charged.
I went up to the 3rd floor and found the smiling receptionist behind me apologizing profusely for her colleagues attitude, I had to ask if she was like that with everyone to which the manager said well yes actually!
We moved to another room which was better but for £95 per night I do expect air con which the new room did not have either.
The breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary.
Unfortunately our whole visit was ruined by that awful rude receptionist. Also the cleaning staff had a very loud conversation outside our room about how they were being picked on for standing up for themselves by one of the managers!! Great to hear, perhaps this could all be resolved by some staff training, except the girl on reception who needs to get a new job where she does not have to deal with customers or look at anyone with her miserable face.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, go to the Ramada!! The staff are absolutely awful
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Troy2409
Adrian P, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Troy2409,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to read your comments which obviously tainted your stay in its entirety.

I can assure you that this will be follow through with the individual concerned, which may involve formal action to ensure that there is no repetition in the future. We strive to offer exceptional levels of service and clearly on this occasion we failed to deliver and is totally unacceptable.

We have a good team on the front desk and for reasons unknown but to be investigated then I need to ascertain what went wrong on this particular occasion.

To this end, please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that this incident will be followed through extensively.

Kind regards,