“Close to everything that Telford can offer”

Park Inn by Radisson Telford
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We used the Park Inn as a hub for a two day event. The hotel is close to transport options with the train station and motorway links close by, however, far enough away (about 400 metres) to ensure that there is no noise from them. The Reception staff were all very polite and dealt with our delegates in a friendly, efficient manner. The servers and bar staff were also very pleasant and efficient.

The general ambience of the hotel is calm and very attractive with a high standard of decor. The subtle lighting really adds to the atmosphere. The dining room and bar are comfortable and attractively appointed.

We had numerous comments from the delegates about the bedrooms - all positive. Well equipped, nicely decorated and the new bathrooms are very stylish. The complimentary fruit and nice welcome letter in the bedrooms is a great touch.

Finally, the service from the Reservations Team led by Kate Fosket was of the highest standard. They worked hard to provide exactly what we wanted from the Park Inn. Communications were prompt and we felt confident that our requirements and expectations would be realised - and they were.

Would we use the Park Inn again? Definitely!

1  Thank Jeff S
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Jeff S
Thank you for your 5 star review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I was pleased to read you found our team members to be pleasant and efficient, and your delegates all had positive comments about the bedrooms.
I have also passed your comments to Kate in reservations, who was very pleased your conference went so well.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The service which I received from here was very poor and I would urge anyone having to stay here to avoid the restaurant at all costs. The service from the staff in the restaurant was very poor indeed and I was kept waiting for my food for two hours and then it was cold and was not what I even ordered.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Dave B
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest
I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention the issues you encountered in our RBG restaurant and I would also like to apologise that our usual high standard of service were not met.
As you have probably read from many previous reviews on Tripadvisor then this is not a usual occurrence.
It does happen sometimes that depending on the orders from individual tables, some guests may receive their orders sooner than others. This depends a lot on cooking times and also if starters are ordered or not as the case may be.
I hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I attended the Park Inn for a course managed by my company.
I arrived on Sunday evening at around 21.30 and when I found my room I noted that it was next to the lift and corridor doors, and had a communicating door. Whereas if I was staying one night I would have put up with it, staying four nights I felt it better to request a quieter room. Unfortunately, although there were very few people staying on Sunday night, it took a long, long time and a visit by the reception manager to find me an alternative room. As the bar stopped serving food at 22.00 I ordered a half pint and a dish of chips (£5).
When I arrived at breakfast the following morning I was greeted warmly by a lovely older lady with dark hair who said that as there were only 40 people staying in the hotel overnight, all breakfasts were being cooked to order and indeed, when it arrived it was lovely, fresh and delicious. Unfortunately, the other three breakfasts were from the buffet and were much poorer for not being cooked fresh.
Lunch was served in our training room and was very good each day with biscuits served in the morning and cakes in the afternoon. Unfortunately, on Monday evening our dinner took nearly three hours from start to finish and when we asked to speak to the manager he apologised and said that the kitchen was very busy serving room service food. He did compensate us with a drink. I have to say my Hunters Chicken was not good.
On Tuesday evening service was very good and the food was better. However, on Wednesday evening, even though the restaurant was absolutely packed, the food was absolutely excellent (we each had the sirloin and it was delicious) and the service was speedy.
In terms of the room, it was perfectly adequate and the desk well designed. The bathroom was very good, however, being only 5’ 2” please could I ask the room maid to leave the shower head at average height? It was difficult to move it from over 6’ in the air down to the lowest level. The fact that I had to have the shower head so low may be why I never managed to have a shower without getting the bathroom floor soaking. I liked the bathroom mirror so much that I’m going to buy something similar for my own bathroom.
I took my fitness gear along to use in the gym and pool but the pool was so small, and filled with children having swimming lessons, that I used only the gym and I had no complaints whatsoever with the gym and the equipment.
There were some queries over the bill when I checked out but these were handled quickly and efficiently by the reception manager. Overall I would say there were no complaints, apart from the speed of the wifi perhaps.
On the final day I had my car valetted by the car wash team in the car park and they did a really good job.

Room Tip: I would have preferred a room at the back of the hotel as the road in front seems to be busy morning...
1  Thank Alli_Ram
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Alli_Ram

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Hotel.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed the food and the facilities in the hotel and your training course went well.

I would also like to thank you for such a detailed outlook of your experience and I hope this will be of as much help to other potential guests as it is to the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights on business and found this hotel to be very clean and friendly. I ate in the restaurant on both nights that I was there and the staff were most helpful. The room was a good size and the walk in shower was a bonus. Within walking distance of the railway station was handy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Susan R
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I was pleased to read you found the hotel to be clean and friendly and the team members were most helpful.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We spent a couple of days there in January.
The room was large, with TV and WIFI, and as you would expect very clean , with a nice modern bathroom.. The room we had at the back of the building was very quiet!.
In the morning a large choice of things to eat all of which were very tasty and hot.
The staff did all they could to help when you asked for anything. The hotel has a pool and gym. We did not have the time to try them, so can not comment on them. There were two bars open on the nights we stayed there . We attended a large private function on the evening within the hotel. It was a nice event. The evening meal was very enjoyable. All in all a nice modern hotel. Just a short distance from the front of the hotel is small shopping mall. So if you forget anything when you leave home you are not stuck. The draw back can be, If you are trying to drive in or out of the hotel at rush hour. Then it can have heavy traffic, as there are a lot of offices around the hotel.

Room Tip: I can not say if one room or another is better . Our room was at the back and very quiet. no problem...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Rose P
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel.
We appreciate all feedback and I was pleased to read that your event and meal was enjoyable for you and overall you found the hotel a good place to stay.
I will also pass on your comment to the team about their helpfulness.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Easy to get to from the motorway. We stayed here as it was close to Hoo Farm where we were visiting the following day.
The room was small but really well designed. Plenty of spare sockets – always a good point in a room. Even on both sides of the bed, which meant that both of us could charge our phones overnight. I wish more hotels would think of this. Easy chair and small table, but also an office chair and desk. Free Wi-Fi was great.
Twin beds were a bit soft, but 2 big pillows each. 1 small cube of shampoo between 2 of us.
We had the window open all night to keep the room cool, and this is March! It’d be awful in the summer. Just bear in mind that if you have a room facing the front of the hotel 9 and the window open), there are coaches dropping people and their luggage off at 20 past midnight, party-goers shouting their goodbyes in the car park, and what I presume were staff arriving and chatting to each other outside at 4:30 AM. Other than that it was pretty quiet.
If you’re in a wheelchair, the disabled car park spaces are up a slope and you have to cross the main road in and out of the hotel to get to Reception. Make sure you know your car reg, as they need it for their records. From the Reception to the rooms you have to pass through 2 heavy sets of doors. Both open towards you and it takes at least 2 of you to get through. The lift is just wide enough for a folding wheelchair, but not the door to the standard rooms. We had to have a standard room as the disabled rooms were double beds!!!! Aren’t people with wheelchairs allowed to have friends? It is however easy to get the wheelchair in and out of the restaurant.
Breakfast was a help-yourself buffet of cereal, fruits, fruit juice, coffee, tea, herbal tea, toast, and croissants. You order a cooked breakfast or whichever parts of it you want. Very nice too. The restaurant/breakfast staff were really friendly, and some of the locals. Quite happy to chat to you.
Unfortunately we didn’t get time to try out the leisure facilities.
Car park is big, with a mobile car wash set up at the end of it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hondabird007
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Hondabird007
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read that you found the hotel conveniently located for your requirements and you enjoyed the design of our newly refurbished rooms.
I was disappointed to read that you had experienced some issues with noise outside your window and also the requirements that you needed in your room were not completely met. We will in future accommodate guests that require disabled facilities in a twin room as well a double room.
I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed breakfast and you found the team members to be friendly.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

stayed for one night only,because the hotel i normally used was busy and i booked late.Rang park inn and the receptionist was very friendly.Booked in at a slightly higher rate than what i paid for my other hotel.Great car park spacing,very clean room,excellent gym facilities ,although i did not have time to sample. THE best was yet to come.GREAT BREAKFAST.They had everything one wishes for,Tea,coffee,toast,yougurt,egg,etc,THIS WAS THE BEST BREAKFAST I HAD EVER ATE IN ANY HOTEL EVER. The staff were great. 10 out of 10 for me.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Tarlochand D
Thank you for your 5 star review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you thought the breakfast was the best you have ever ate in any hotel!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon