Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
Park Inn by Radisson Telford(Telford)(Great Value!)
$73
$61
The Malthouse(Ironbridge)(Great Value!)
$87
$102
$96
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge(Telford)(Great Value!)
$57
$52
  • Pool
$106
$95
$96
$77
Buckatree Hall Hotel(Telford)(Great Value!)
$50
$100
Hotels.com
Half Moon(Jackfield)
$81
All reviewsswimming poolinternational centretwo double bedsair connice poolexhibition centreleisure facilitiestown parkleisure clubgood sizereception staffice rinkreal alestayed here for one nightplenty of choiceweekend breakrestaurant staff
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stay for 3 nights on business at this hotel. Smooth and quick check in. Stayed in room 202 and although the room was clean I had to have to pillows changed as there was what appeared to be blood spots on them. The reception staff arrived very swiftly though and changed them over with no fuss. The room was spacious as was the bathroom which had a spar bath. The shower curtain was hanging off in a couple of places which gave the bathroom a tired and unloved look.

Ate in the restaurant for breakfast and evening meals. Breakfast was self service and was plentiful. Evening meals were a delight. I had room service on the first night and to be honest it was rubbish.

I experienced some room noise but nothing I haven't experienced before in other hotels.

The staff were really helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ElisabethFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Sue S
Thank you for taking time to post a review following your stay, and I have communicated with you directly to offer my sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced. I was pleased however that your over-riding memory was that our staff were really helpful and that you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant.

Please be assured that all of your feedback has been taken on board and improvements made.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards, Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very good value and nice room. Some dog friendly hotels put you in rather tired looking rooms that can smell musty, like wet gundogs! This hotel was clean, comfortable and the rooms were far enough away from the receptions going on. The restaurant is very good, and offered a great breakfast. Modern and warm decor.

Room Tip: If you prefer
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank B M
ElisabethFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear BM

Many thanks for your kind review which has been passed on to all our team. I'm so pleased that you all had an enjoyable stay, especially your four-legged friend who I know will be an important part of your "team" too!

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, there are lots of walking opportunities close by to our hotel, as well as further afield!

Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Arrived for 1 2 night stay - first night no sleep elderly couples partying in corridor and central air conditioning humming all night- second night same humming added to by the noisy neighbour who stopped banging about approx 0100 the started again at 0600 when we woke to the sound of him in the toilet and his over loud tv. We complained but the receptionist was curt and unresponsive

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Taffy T
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments and review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Telford and I have responded to you directly to apologise personally.
I am so sorry that your stay was marred by the fact that it was not the quiet experience you had been hoping for. We do place signage in our bedroom corridors to remind all our guests to be considerate towards each other and our night team carry out regular patrols and are more than happy to assist when they are made aware of any noisy situations.
I do apologise for the lack of customer service that you experienced when you spoke to our reception team and please be assured that this gap in training has now been addressed.
Should you be planning a return visit to Telford in the future, please contact me personally so that I can assist you with your reservation.
Sincerely
Elisabeth Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have stayed here a few times when they have had good deals on
The hotel is nice and clean and they are working on refreshing some of the older areas
The pool is lovely and a key attraction of the hotel
Breakfast was nice and a good standard
Wifi is expensive but I managed to get for free for 24h as a member of their loyalty scheme
We will definitely visit again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ElisabethFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us and I'm pleased that you found everything suited your needs. I hope you will come and stay with us again soon, and thank you for your loyalty through Priority Club.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights as had family do in north Wales. Lovely room . Clean and comfortable . Be aware that on both occassions that we have stayed there have been wedding receptions on so can be noisy . Didnt bother us but worth asking for a room at the back of hotel . Would definitely stay here again .

• Stayed: September 2012

Many thanks for your review and I'm glad that you had such a good stay with us. We're ideally placed for getting up to North Wales. We hope to see you again in the future.

When we have weddings at our hotel, the function room is on the opposite side of the building to our bedrooms and we keep the doors shut from reception to the bedroom block so that noise does not travel. Nevertheless, as this guest quite rightly pointed out, rooms on the back of the hotel look out over the gardens and across to the town park.