“Hair in food!!!”
Review of Tin Tin Ltd - CLOSED

Tin Tin Ltd
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET COOKED FRESH AND SERVED TO YOUR TABLE! Great ambience and friendly staff
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We decided to have a meal at this restaurant as we had heard it was under new management and was just recently refurbished. Big mistake! We found hair in one of our dishes and they were still going to charge us the full amount as we apparently were having an all you can eat buffet! The manager just said she didn't see the hair so couldn't take any money off, that's because the hair was on the table. Very poor service. The staff didn't inform us that we were having an all you can eat buffet. There were no prices on the menu either. Overall we were very dissatisfied with the service we received and also not very unhappy that the management weren't even apologetic about this. We will definitely not be returning.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went on mothers day as a family, very busy in the restaurant, first few dishes were a bit cold, especially the duck. The next lot of dishes were hot and tasty. Service was ok, some of the waitresses need a bit of knowledge about the menu, as my kids wanted a dessert when we asked one of the staff she said it was included, but once we received the menu we could see they were additional to the cost. Then we had to wait about 20 mins for the ice cream and fritters. So overall ok, but I think I'd prefer to travel a little further for a full buffet experience.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Since hearing that this restaurant was under new management I have been twice in 2 weekends. The food is excellent, portions are good and more is always available. The new lady owner is very friendly and chatty and ensures everything is perfect with your food. The waiting staff are keen to ensure your service is excellent and it's good to hear from the owner that she has utilised local staff. Last night we had the usual selection of starters and they were absolutely amazing, all faultless. My favourite is the yuk sung.

1  Thank Creisha
Reviewed February 12, 2013

As a long term customer I was familiar with the standards but they had slipped over recent years with tired carpets and decor. When it was taken over in November 2012 it was revamped and on the occasion we visited on New Years Eve the service from the retained staff was excellent as was the food. It wa a very enjoyable experience. I recommended it to a friend who, previously, had not been a fan. He took his family there and thought the meal and service was superb. I then went with my Family early February 2013 on a Saturday night. Historically the restaurant was always very quiet but clearly under the new Management it was now very busy with almost every table full. With the exception of the owner and another young lady the same serving staff were there and we were greeted and shown to our table. Normally service is first class but not this evening. We waited 25minutes for a drink to be served , nearly an hour to complete the first course and I had to continually ask for orders to be taken and then follow up by checking when our food would arrive. The staff were very attentive but clearly the issue was that the restaurant was full with diners at the same time and the usual three serving staff simply could not cope despite their efforts.I guess neither could the kitchen cope with such a large number of diners as there were many large groups of people out to enjoy themselves but not being served. Regrettably time after time diners stood up and left as they were still waiting to order, waiting for their delayed meal or on occasions walking out as their meals arrived as they could not wait any longer. The dining room downstairs was also cold with many people putting on coats but I am not sure what the upstairs was like. Overall and considering previous experiences, I was very disappointed. In summary too few staff for the number of people. However the staff that were there worked really hard and should be commended. The owner appeared to wander around but made no effort to take in the mayhem or even go up to tables and apologise and try to bring things to order. Some people had also been waiting for seats and in the end walked away. I will go there again as the food is excellent but I trust next time service and planning will be better and the special night we were celebrating won't be a let down.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We decided to visit after seeing the restaurant advertised in a local magazine. As the restaurant had new owners and a new menu the ad advised to ring up and book as it was a Saturday night; which we did.

Entering the building there was a distinct vibe of busyness with most tables full of diners making us glad that we booked. Shortly afterwards we were asked for our drinks order which came quite quickly.

On looking round the dining room there were quite a few larger groups celebrating occasions but the staff ratio did not seem to be enough with only 3 waiting staff to some 20 tables. I can now understand why the lady who showed us to our table was wearing a blue duffle coat as the restaurant was not very warm!

Our starters order was taken shortly after the drinks arrived but came out one after the other instead of together and then after that it all took a turn for the worse. After about half an hour We started to see people get up and leave and we heard tables complaining of not being served mains, two large tables of around 15 people had only had starters so they got up and left!

We were just about to do the same as we had been waiting around 45 mins when our food came out. We cottoned on to the small serving so ordered 3 different mains, noodles, mushrooms and seaweed which was just enough for us. The meal was very tasty it was just badly let down by a cold dining room and not enough staff to serve the amount of diners on a busy Saturday night. Such a shame!