“Great for parties”
Review of Cosmo - CLOSED

Cosmo
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Great for parties”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I really enjoyed visiting Cosmo for a friend's birthday party. It was ideal, with a range of foods to suit everyone, and a standard price to make splitting the bill easy. It's perhaps not the place I would choose for a romantic meal; it was quite noisy and busy, but for a large group having a fun night it was perfect.

• Visited July 2013

essex
“Wow Wow Wow”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Well this has to be the best ever buffet style restaurant i have ever eaten in. The choice was just amazing with so much to choose from. If you don't fancy chinese , thai, indian you can have steak, or fish. The dessert selection was out of this world plus a sweet trolley . The service was good & the place is kept very clean. The drinks list was not over priced which makes a change, our drinks were brought to us along with a jug of tap water that we had asked for with no problem. The price for the meal was £13.95 which in my view for the selection & quality was great & well worth every penny. Will definitely vist again if we go to Swindon.

• Visited June 2013
Swindon, UK
“Getting worse”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Been here many times over the years, but will now avoid the place for the following reasons.
Waiting staff are not happy, you will be lucky to get a smile out of them. You feel very much like you are on a conveyor belt.
Too expensive now. When compared to other Chinese Buffets in Swindon you do not get value for money.
The Tapenyaki bar food choice limited, you are only allowed 2 items at one time. Other establishments allow you to have a whole meal (For much less money too).

Visited May 2013
Swindon
“A disapointing birthday treat...”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We arrived and our table was not reserved so they stuffed in the back corner where the table wasn't even big enough for us so two had to share a chair.
We decided to make the best of it but unfortunately it got worse.We went to the bar; where we had to queue separately and pay then wait for our drinks....a long wait too.
The food was generally cool and running low.
Two people then had to leave to get home for a babysitter, we were told that we couldn't pay a portion of our bill without getting the whole thing; once we had our bill we were asked to pay and leave immediately. The staff were rude and I will not be returning.

Visited February 2013
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Average cuisne for bulk catering”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've eaten here on a very few occasions over the years. It reinforces why I choose not to eat in this style of establishment regularly. For me it is not about cheap food, with plenty of choices, or the ambient noise levels of 100's of people talking over each other, or patiently waiting by trays of food for others to help themselves. If I was to pick a like it would be the food that they cook in front of you, (squid, beef, prawns) but even that is restricted to serving one customer at a time.
I like a more personal touch with some traceability/accountability on the foods used, I like to see food cooked, with lower background noise levels.
This style of catering does not cater for me.
You will come away feeling full, sometimes too full :) but not necessarily satisfied...

• Visited April 2013