“Good Lunchtime Pizzas”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I went as part of a large group for lunch. They asked us to e-mail a pre-order. When we arrived they couldn't find it. Luckily the person who organised it had taken a copy. The service was fairly fast considering how busy it was. I had a pizza which I could only just finish & kept me full up for the rest of the day. Excellent value for only £5.95. The only critisism is that they automatically add the service charge to the bill. It's clearly stated on the menu, but it's just something I don't like. I prefer to give the money direct to the waiter so that I know they'll actually get the money themselves. Apart from that, it was a very good lunch & I'm sure we'll be back for the next birthday/leaving do.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Booked a table for their monthly Ladies' night, where waiters wear next to nothing (Just an apron) serving you. We went last night and it was, as expected, very busy, birthday parties, hen-do, work night out etc. We were amongst the youngest group there and we are in our early 20s.
On the Ladies' night leaflet it was either 2-courses for £16.95 or 3-course for £19.95, and they wanted the order before Friday night so they could have rough idea for numbers, so we went ahead and chose the 2-course (as dessert didn't seem that great, tiramisu, banoffee pie or Ice cream) and sent in our orders. It was only then we were told they only offer the 3-course meal (despite the leaflets they give out) so we had to choose a dessert..

Location-wise, it's a pain to get to without a car, it's within walking distance (About 20minutes from Swindon bus station) but at night and when it's cold you'd wish the restaurant was located closer to the city centre!

Food- There were glasses of cocktail placed at our table on arrival, some orange fizzy alcoholic drinks that was suppose to be a Bellini I believe, but tasted like those Vitamin C effervescent tablets with a dash of alcohol in.
Perhaps it was a busy night, we could see all the starters lined up at the kitchen, which is fair enough, but even so the food quality was low, as were the food presentations. Salad were some chopped onions, a wedge of tomato, couple slices of cucumber with some lettuce thrown together with what seemed like no effort whatsoever. The mains weren't that good either, the only vegetarian option was a margherita pizza with mushrooms, I got the stuffed cannelloni, it was clear that the pasta weren't freshly made, also the minced beef had no texture at all (you know when you buy it from the supermarket, even if it's not the expensive ones it still has the lumps of meat texture) The "meat" in the cannelloni had no texture, it looked like it'd been liquidised, just bearing the colour of meat. Dessert was alright, standard banoffee pie, though portions were tiny.

Waiters- As soon as we walked in we saw male in aprons, aside the topless waiters, there were also clothed waiters and waitresses, the topless ones are indeed very good-looking and they were more the drinks rather than food waiting staff, there to seduce the ready-to-pounce female guests to buy more wine, it was a good strategy.. Our food were mainly served by this waitress, who was also very friendly, and asked if we wanted dessert straight away as we all looked stuffed by then.

To sum it up, am not sure if I would go there for food again (I would advise to order the pizza, my friend enjoyed her's, if you really want to go to the ladies'night), it felt like ready-made meal on a plate, but I gave it an average because it was a different dining experience, served by some physically fit males. It's definitely worth going once with your girl friends who enjoy a good laugh with a slightly noisy background as everyone else are just as happy and excited to be there, but maybe not twice.
Also, book at least a month in advance as they fill up quite fast, and if they offer to put you on the reserve list, don't decline as some tend to drop out as it gets closer to the night.

4  Thank mandeelui
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Always go for lunch as great value. Nice food and service quick and efficient. Don't go in evening unless with big party as very noisy.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Have eaten here many times for many different occasions with varying success... Have had some really lovely and great value meals here...but this last one was not that great an experience. They'd run out of everything, there was a huge party in meaning big delays, the service wasn't great and the food was a bit disappointing this time. Lunchtimes seem to be more successful and when less busy

3  Thank sastrantia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

An ok italian, very good for larger parties as they have plenty of space and the service is pretty good