“Family and 2 dogs”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited the freeke arms Saturday evening 4 adults 2 dogs. Had a lovely meal I decided to have chicken curry it was made extra hot to my delight did not disappoint I would say best Pub curry I've had in ages so well done. Portion sizes spot on . Very friendly staff who were eager to please my wife surf and turf steak came out as medium but she asked for medium rare however meal was changed immediately with no fuss. Dogs both had pigs ears which they loved . Would definitely recommend to take dogs and have a lovely meal thank you staff

Date of visit: September 2019
Mobile27565456474, Owner at The Freke Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Paul G
Thank you so much for your great review!
I glad everyone was happy and I'm glad the mix up was sorted promptly.
We hope to see you again soon.
All at the Freke Arms

Write a reviewReviews (233)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’ve stayed away for a while from the Freke arms, I found the previous manager to be rude. There’s new people now who are actually welcoming and friendly. You can also bring your dog in which is great because I live in highworth which is walking distance on a nice day. The food is very good and reasonably priced. It’s great to have an old favourite back in the area.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Hevlangs

Hello Hevlangs.
Thank you so much for your lovely review.
People like yourself are the very reason we decided to open the doors back up to our four legged friends,
I imagine its nice to have somewhere to stop for a bite to eat and a refreshing drink after a long walk in the beautiful countyside, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 1, 2019

Just looked at previous reviews for the Freke arms and I agree with a review regarding the Sunday lunch being hardly generous with vegetables accompanying the Sunday roast.I thought the veg .dish was for two instead of four people.Not as good as the last Sunday lunch there a while back.

Hello David W
I'm very sorry for the delay in response, its taken some time to gain ownership of the trip adviser link.
I have also commented on the previous post that you're referring to.
In response to your reviews, we have now upped our weekly order of potatoes to ensure we can keep up with demand and our staff are asking all customers if the vegetables put out are enough or if they would like more, some do and some don't but we're quite satisfied that we have now overcome the problem that's been raised.
If you choose to return we hope that you will find everything to be resolved.

Reviewed August 27, 2019

very disappointed with sunday last Sunday . roast potatoes not cooked enough very pal colour , veg was poor one dish for two , one dish for three, and one dish for four , would not want to go in there with ten people on one table it would be one dish of veg for them all not very good , it will be along time before I visit the freke arms again

Hello Harryw j
I would like to apologize for the delay in response, it's taken some time to be able to take ownership of the trip adviser reviews.
We are very sorry that you didn't have a great experience with us last month, we have taken your comments on board-
we have upped our weekly order of potatoes to ensure that we do not run low and have plenty of time to leave them to brown, we also are checking with all tables that they have enough vegetables on the table to allow people who would like more to be able to have them with no embarrassment of having to ask.
We do have different size dishes for the vegetables to cater for different amounts of people but understand some people prefer more than others, if you do choose to come back for another visit we hope that you will find things more satisfactory.

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

It has been some years since we have been to this pub restaurant. We found much improved service, good quality food. Good value for money. We were especially impressed with quality of the vegetables.

Most impressed with the landlady.

We will be back and tell our friends of the improvement

1  Thank GrecianHighworthUK

Hello GrecianHighworthUK
Thank you so much for a lovely review, we believe these positive reviews really help us grow with our business and continue to help us to offer the service that we endeavour to provide.

And you've made one landlady very happy!