“All good”
Review of The Freke Arms

The Freke Arms
Ranked #105 of 439 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“All good”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nice food,lots to choose from,prices reasonable,couldn't fault it. met up with friends that I hadn't seen for years & the time flew

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank calzzzzzz

“Great place”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited here for a Sunday lunch. I was pleased overall with the meal. There was lots of meat, veggies & gravy. The only thing I would say is that the veg could have done with being cooked a little longer but I still ate everything and enjoyed it. I will be returning for another Sunday lunch at some point.

2 Thank Catz1ct
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Keeping it simple works”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We hadn't been to The Freke Aerms for several years but decided to give it a go on the recommendation of friends. We weren't disappointed.

The menu isn't extensive and is heavy on meat in general and steaks in particular, Fine by me!

There were 5 adults in our party. One had a starter (soup) which was home made and pronounced "very good", That said apart from soup there were no starter options.

3 of us had steaks of varying types and sizes. but we all agreed they were good quality. My rump was cooked rare and was spot on. Two others had ham egg and chips. The ham was thickly cut and flavoursome.

Good hearty portions. Friendly, prompt which given it was pretty busy (a Saturday lunchtime) was good.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank BennyDiction
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Another good Arkells pub”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went here early on a Friday night for an evening meal. It is decorated just as you would imagine a country pub should be and had a welcoming atmosphere.
The food was served very quickly, piping hot and very fresh, the fried eggs were the best I have tasted in years and salad was fresh and plentiful.
I have given it five however the tables are quite close together and when busy it may be a bit of a squeeze.
ps. The Arkells Wiltshire Gold Bitter is excellent and much lighter than the much nuttier but also excellent Arkells 3B's Bitter.
Our new favourite pub for a Friday night meal.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank russ999rocket
Yorkshire
“Strange idea of customer service!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

On a visit from Yorkshire, we were taken here by friends. I ordered a Steak done medium, it arrived bleeding, my husband took it back and explained the problem, he was told by a very surly woman 'that is medium' to which he replied 'it's rare and bleeding' she then argued that she was right and took the steak, I got it back microwaved. I would not visit again as customer service is nil if you are not local, one can only assume the woman concerned does not like anyone with a different accent. Definitely not a place I would recommend.

3 Thank Andy G
frekearms, Manager at The Freke Arms, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we have investigated this incident with our members of staff, and we cannot recall any complaints or any steak being sent back that week. We can assure you that if the steak was returned to the kitchen the Head Chef would have prepared and cooked a new steak as we do not use microwaves to cook any of our food. If you can give us specific details of who the member of staff was and the exact date of this occurence we will investigate further. Please feel free to contact the Pub on Swindon 762297.