“friendly service and homecooked food”
Review of La Dolce Vita - CLOSED

La Dolce Vita
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Delicatessen, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Alnwick, United Kingdom
“friendly service and homecooked food”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and family have eaten here on special occasions and have never been dissapointed. The food is well cooked to simple Italian standards and the service is always professional and welcoming. This restaurant is a safe bet when you're looking for good Italian food.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank polskirob

“Okay”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Good food and service nice restaurant but have had better. We stayed in the restaurant for two hours and no one else visited definatly better restaurants but is good value for money

Visited January 2012
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Fabulous - in every way!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I hadn't eaten in La Dolce Vita in around 4 years but went for a meal on friends recommendation. The food was excellent, I went with 3 friends and between us we had Pasta, Fish, Chicken and Beef and all were perfectly cooked and delicious, the desserts were equally good. The service was impecable, our waiter was attentive but never hovering. The restuarant was suprisingly quite for a Saturday night especially given how good it was. This would now be my resturant of choice and I will be returning very soon.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Niki B
Somerset
“Delicious Italian Food in pleasant surroundings”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My family and I ate here one Saturday lunchtime. We were the only people in quite a vast restaurant, which was a little off-putting as we wondered why it wasn't busier! The waiter explained that most of their trade was in the evening.

However, the menu was extensive, food delicious and service excellent. They even made my 5 year-old a special pizza (they don't normally serve pizzas but they made one for him as the waiter overheard him saying he wanted one!)
The surroundings were very attractive and everything was spotlessly clean, including the loos (most important in my book!). I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this restaurant if you're after a quiet, delicious lunch.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Frome78
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

One of the most professional, attentive waiters I've been served by. La Dolce Vita has definitely improved again from my last visit (not that it really needed to). Look past the exterior of the restaurant as inside you would never know you were in the middle of Swindon. The decor, layout and atmosphere all help you to believe you are eating an evening meal on holiday! Great range of starters, main courses and desserts but at good prices.

• Visited February 2012