“With a few changes could be excellent!”

Stanton House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
Reviewed October 14, 2011

A great location and peaceful surroundings provided a beautiful setting for this grand looking hotel.
Our room although it was quite large the layout was not good with the bed being fixed in such a tight spot that i couldn't get around it to get in to it!The furniture was old and chipped and there was too much of it in the room.A bit more effort in the cleanliness would have been better.For example the bathroom in the shower it had mould on the edges of the shower tray&hairs!
The sofa in the room had cobwebs underneath it and it's things like this that let the place down.

It could be fabulous with a lick of paint new furniture and a good cleaner.
Other than that it was a nice place.

The receptionists were uninterested in their job and gave us wrong directions.
Smiles go a long way!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Farri5

Reviewed September 24, 2011

This hotel is probably lovely for a wedding given it's location. However, if you are staying here for any length of time then this isn't a great place to stay. The single rooms are small and cold, there are no health facilities, the bar is cold and uninviting, and the restaurant, although of good quality, lacks any variety.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank jswestmids
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The level of service at Stanton House Hotel, SWINDON is exceptional and all our 70 wedding guests remarked on what a perfect wedding weekend they had enjoyed. It exceeded our expectations and we enjoyed a brilliant occassion that we will recall with pleasure for many years to come if not for ever. All the staff work extremely hard to ensure that every guest enjoys the best of times. The location and grounds make a perfect setting for the perfect wedding. It is their attention to detail that makes this venue stand out above all others.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I would hhighly recommend the Stanton House Hotel to anyone looking for a wedding venue. We have just returned from a magical weekend. The venue, staff, food, service and ambiance were all faultless. The comments from our whole wedding party were all 100% positive. We will all treasure our beautiful memories of Stanton House.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed here to attend my daughter's wedding. I was naturally in a boyant mood anyway. I stayed in a double, ensuite room facing the small lake. The grounds when I visited were well tended to. The wedding was not at the hotel, fortunately as I think it would havee been well beyond my financial ability. It is, as I am given to understand, a Japanese owned hotel and thus the dining room staff were very cordial and welcoming. There are english staff on the reception and I found that if there was a problem they dealt with it adequately enough. The only problem if there is one, I found the drive to the hotel through the village was seriously hampered by parked vehicles and the narrowness of the road.
I only had to put up with it for a couple of days, living there must be a serious challenge to drivers' patience and their skill behind the wheel.
The hotel breakfast was sufficent for westerners needs. I was too frightened to attempt the other delicacies on offer. I am reliably informed the evening meals are very good.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank emilio11
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed at the Stanton House Hotel with another couple in April 2011. We used a groupon deal which provided overnight stay, dinner and breakfast. On arrival we were pleasantly surprised at the beautiful setting of the hotel. We were blessed with fantastic weather and sat with drinks outside the conservatory. Our room was large with lounge but slightly dated and our friends had a smaller room with a view over the lake/river. Dinner was from a set menu which was fine but limited.

As others have mentioned the hotel is seriously lacking a bar/lounge area. The bar that is there reminds me of a bar suitable for providing drinks at a function, there was no sense of relaxing there. After dinner there really is nothing to do or nowhere to go. The hotel is situated a couple of miles from Swindon town. We got some drinks back in our room which was fine but would really struggle if I was staying for longer than one night.

All in all the hotel is fine, location is fantastic, the afternoon tea is very nice and the service was good but the hotel would benefit in providing a bar for guests to pass their time at night.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank carrie2901
Reviewed June 23, 2011

The room was a bit small with a vie across to other rooms and I was unable to obtain a non-smoking room. The bathroom was great and the breakfast was OK too. It does look nice from the outside and the grounds are great. I got a good price on the room direct from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business