“Just what old town needs.”
Review of The Core Swindon

The Core Swindon
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Swindon
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Core is all about health, pure and simple. Providing freshly extracted juices and smoothies, a selection of raw and healthy cooked foods in an amazing environment.
“Just what old town needs.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This place is a perfect example of what a great idea, loads of enthusiasm and an amazing product can achieve.

I've been in many times and tried their juices, smoothies and amazing teas. Not once have I been disappointed. The staff are very friendly, helpful and welcoming.

I also took part in one of their juice detox program's. 5 days 4 juices a day and at the end of it I lost 9lbs and felt great. I think that speaks for itself.

So basically get yourself down to the core and have one of the healthiest tastiest drinks you've ever had!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dougiedpt

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was really excited to try this place, but unfortunately it did not live up to my expectation.
The ambience of the cafe is nice and suitably relaxed, I like the rustic design too.
The place however, was quite dirty. The windows were so dusty and grimy inside and out, and the floor needed a good sweep and scrub. As I approached the cafe from the road I could see scrunched up napkins and old cups on the tables in the windows, yet plenty of staff behind the counter not really doing much. I ordered a strawberry surprise smoothie- the surprise being you couldn't taste any strawberries but plenty of bitter orange and banana. My partner ordered a chocolate smoothie but it was so watered down and again it was just overpowered with banana. Neither of us could finish our drinks, they really were disgusting and made us feel quite ill for a good few hours afterwards. There are no ingredients listed on the food that is sold, we purchased chocolate fudge (to take the taste away from the smoothies) but on closer inspection it looked like it contained nuts which was a complete disaster as one of us has a nut allergy.
I like what this place is trying to do, but it needs to work on its customer service, labelling and cleanliness. I also think it needs to look closer at the quality of its ingredients- I saw what looked like dozens of frozen fruit from Asda piled high in the freezer.

5 Thank oldswindongirl
Swansea
“Wouldn't go again”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Just poor generally wouldn't rate it wouldn't go again or advise anyone to go again. Served by one girl who was good bit interrupted by a male who was rude and demanding. Also a bit odd to have a relaxation area where you can hear the hubbub of the cafe area downstairs.

• Visited April 2013
Kris T, Owner at The Core Swindon, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hi Kate T

Thanks very much for visiting The Core and also for taking the time to write a review. We consider all customer feedback really seriously as, after all, it's you guys that we're here to serve!

I'm sorry that you feel the service you received wasn't up to our usual high standards and, as you've no doubt seen through other reviews, it is something at which we usually excel.

We'd love the opportunity to make this up to you so when you're next in the area, please do pop in and have a free juice on me while we have a chat about what we can do to make your experience even better.

In regard to the relaxation services we offer upstairs, you raise an interesting point as the impact of the juice bar downstairs hasn't been raised by any other customers in terms of it impacting on their treatment experience so, again, it'd be great to have a chat with you about this too.

Thanks again for getting in touch and hope to speak soon

Best wishes

Kris @ The Core
(Owner & Manager)
“Getting even better”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I visited Core again yesterday. It just seems to improve every time I go in, in terms of offer, service and decor. I get the feeling these guys aren't going to let the wheatgrass grow under their feet.

2 Thank DaveSwin
UK
“just what swindon needs”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

agree with other reviewers--swindon needs more places like this, because at the moment no-one else seems brave enough to do anything different or better in the town centre. let's hope where one leads, others follow. Old Town is ripe for improvement, and the apparent success of this place and The Hop Inn should show that Swinodn people will support better food and drink instead of deserting the town when they want a good time

1 Thank eastbrookfarm