“Great Service”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
Wiltshire
“Great Service”
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Pear Tree is a lovely building, in beautiful grounds, and easy to find. The room was small but comfortable. Dinner was excellent, well served, lovely food and a relaxing environment. Breakfast was disappointing, cold toast, over cooked egg and under cooked tomato! However, service was first class, from the moment we arrived.

• Liked — Comfort, lttle extras
  • Disliked — Not very big
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank P_SWiltshire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
North Yorkshire
Reviewed October 30, 2007

From the moment I pulled up in the taxi outside the Pear Tree I felt relaxed. I received the warmest of welcomes and was delighted with my bedroom which was very spacious and had homely touches such as fresh flowers, a decanter of sherry, homemade biscuits, fresh fruit and ducks in the bathroom! The best thing about my bedroom was the stunning views which, having arrived late, I didn't get the joy of seeing until the next morning. I had a patio door out onto a balcony and had far reaching views across the beautifully manicured gardens and pond to woodland - idyllic! Shame I had to go to work but that was why I was in the area!! The dinner was exquisite and the friendly staff in the restaurant made me feel very at ease which made it a pleasureable experience even though I was dining alone. Would I stay again? - at the drop of a hat! I have raved about it so much to my husband that we are determined to find a reason to re-visit!

• Liked — Homeliness and the fabulous views
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank TheWeiryTraveller
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2007

Had the pleasure of staying here for two nights on business on 18/19 Sept.
Service at reception was excellent on arrival and they made every effort to make me confortable. Room has nice views over well tended gardens. Room itself was spotless, with fresh fruit, drinks, double bed etc. Turned down beds in evening (and they even hung up my clothes I left around)
Restuarant food was excellent and service to match and plenty of choice for everyone.
During the first day I spent much of my time working in the library - comfortable, nice views and plenty of tea delivered without being asked. (thanks Helen). Hotel was well furnished with lots of flowers to add that extra touch.
Really nice to walk around gardens and the whole atmosphere was extremely relaxing - shame to leave really after just two days.
Was about 10 mins from motorway.so good in that regard also.
One of the best hotels Ive stayed at for overall comfort and personal service at this level - would absolutely go back for sure (and indeed will). Well done the team there.

• Liked — Comfort, quality and service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank heartbeat
S Wales
Reviewed March 21, 2007

I've been going (on and off) to the Pear Tree for the last 15 years. This time was dinner for 9 with two couples staying over. Despite having a full restaurant and a large private party (in another room) the service was excellent. Another wonderful meal in a great atmosphere.

They also had a special on which was £55 for B&B if you had eaten in the restaurant. Excellent value. A good full English breakfast to start the day. Room was clean and comfortable.

You can always rely on the Pear Tree for a consistent high standard.

• Liked — Overall atmosphere
  • Disliked — No tea/coffee making facilities in the room.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank drc225
Northamptonshire
Reviewed January 7, 2007

A lovely hotel with friendly staff and pleasant rooms. The personal service is fantastic and the restaurant boasts one of the UK top 100 chefs, and it shows in the qualityof the menu and the food. First rate! The menu had it all, salmon, deer, beef, tuna and more and the desserts were to die for!!
The hotel is very dog friendly, with large grounds and little extra's like a chew for your dogs and a bowl. The staff were very kind and nothing was a chore for them.
The hotel decor is old, but clean and the executive room we had was lovely. Staff do their work promptly and without fuss and were almost always wearing a smile. The maitre d' was first class as was the waiter, Adrian.
The hotel was good value for money and I would certainly go back for a visit and would jump at the chance to eat there again. It cost my partner and I £400 for 2 nights, with two dogs including an executive room, with drinks. Well worth the money!

• Liked — The restaurant
  • Disliked — The decor could be a little brighter
  • Tips/Secrets — Go when summer, so you can enjoy the lovely country walks
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nowley
North Carolina
Reviewed December 11, 2006

I have traveled a good deal throughout my life. This was one of the best experiences I have ever had with lodging. It was more of a B&B, which to me is a good thing. The wonderful, warm, friendly accomodating staff met our every need. The beautiful gardens in the back of the stone house are tranquil and enchanting (even for December).

Breakfast in the conservatory was just the best way to start a day. We enjoyed dinner one evening, as well. The service was impeccable. My husband's favorite part was basking in front of the 1400's hearth in the library, where they let us to take our dessert & coffee after dinner. I also loved the in-house pet, Jake. It truly made it feel like a home.

The decor of the interior is delightful with lots of fresh florals and greenery. The fresh fruit, flowers, home-made shortbread, complimentary sherry and water were unexpected treats awaiting us upon our arrival.

I witnessed a company Christmas party and was very impressed with the organization and wasn't surprised at the delight of the party guests.

I look forward to the time that I can visit there again!

• Liked — The garden view from our room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business