“Sad. Sad. Sad.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Sad. Sad. Sad.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This place used to be pretty good.

Popped in for a bit of lunch last saturday, had the club sandwich. Anyone ever had a club sandwich with goats cheese, maybe feta, on bread that hasn't been toasted? Miserable bloke serving, and even the beer tasted rubbish.

The lights in the kitchen and bar were out, so it looked like they were closed!

Ended up leaving the sandwich after a couple of bites, and even left some beer! Had a proper bacon sandwich in the cafe next to the ice cream shop, instead.

• Visited April 2013

Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Small but Mighty”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Fantastic Food, great atmosphere! Wonderful! Book ahead as you will struggle to get a table if you just turn up and you will be disappointed!!!

Visited September 2012
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Surprised by this little Cafe/Bar”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was hunting for a good coffee and a simple snack and stumbled on Gusto. I note from the other mixed reviews that it is Spanish in influence I have to say that wasn't obvious to me with a lot of Pasta dishes on the menu I thought the influence was Italian but hey ho, I wasn't looking for either. What I got was a beautifully made latte, best I have had in a long time and an excellent fresh baguette with tuna and cheese filling with a nice little side salad and some tortilla chips.

More importantly I received genuine good service, on bringing over my latte (a slight frothy top not 2 inches of froth as many offer latte is coffee with milk not coffee with froth) the waiter dribbled a little down the side of the cup and immediately offered to replace it, I was amazed. Next came the baguette and moments later a visit from the lad behind the bar to enquire if it was "all ok". Many much larger more pretentious establishments don't seem to be able to get their staff to pay this simple courtesy. I finished my food and relaxed with my coffee. On my way out said my thank you'd, left a tip and suggested to the staff as above that some of the surrounding restaurants could learn from them.

It's nice to see in previous reviews that the owner has replied to his critics and in most cases offered to put things right. I have not tried the wider menu but may well do, although we don't visit old town very often, whatever I now know where to go for an excellent coffee when next i do.
I agree with some of the other reviewers what I had seemed extremely fresh.

• Visited January 2013
Swindon,uk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice bottle of wine but very expensive & poor value appetizer to share.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We fancied an evening out after long day in the office, so decided to try Gusto’s for some food after having a drink previously. Sat under the TV so not to be disturbed by the pictures, however in the background was a commercial radio playing which seemed to loud for the number of people in the café, I requested it to be turned down, not sure the volume changed by very much though.

Reviewed the menu which looked interesting & asked to waitress what the shared plates were like, after that we decided to try the Gusto Café appetizer to share & a bottle of Gavi wine. Wine arrived & was very good. Then the food arrive two different types of water biscuits, a nice looking small loaf of bread, olive oil & balsamic dipping sauce & a plate of appetizers including picked vegetables, salad, capers, artichoke, small round hard cheese, six slices of cured meat & some very small green & black olives for £14.95 this was very disappointing, not sure we return, back to Los Gatos for excellent food & wine.

• Visited September 2012
Swindon
“What has happened??”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I went to gusto the other day, I had been away for a few months and always loved coming here until my recent visit. It has been taken over by new people who unfortunately don't seem to have a clue how to make a coffee or how to talk to people correctly. The lady who served me was so rude and didn't listen to anything I said and got my food order wrong, I didn't bother saying anything as I had waited so long and was just happy to eat as I was so hungry. My latte was week and overheated. They really need to sort it out or this place could end up like so many others CLOSED. I don't know what happened to the previous owner and staff?? Him and the young beautiful girl made the best coffee I and my colleagues have ever tasted. I and my colleagues will all be going elsewhere from now. Such a shame that old town has lost such a great place!

• Visited August 2012