“Work Christmas party”

Weighbridge Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Weighbridge Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 463 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Had my wifes work Christmas party here and was pleasantly impressed, there have been mixed reviews and this was my first visit. All the food for our table of about 20 arrived together and was nicely presented, there was plenty of it too. service was good throughout and i will be back to try on an ordinary night soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,733)

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Me and some work friends went for lunch to celebrate a birthday. I expected a warm welcome on arrival but received none. I ordered steak with peppercorn sauce, like a lot of other reviews have said, the steak was drowned in it and too peppery. Apart from that food was good. What niggled at me however was when the waitress called my friend 'love' which I don't think you should say to a customer. Will go again but will be weary of the service and being spoken to like you are a customer in the queen vic.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you're paying £80 for two main courses, one pudding, a bottle of wine and one pint of beer, then you expect a lot. My overall experience wasn't good and won't be going back. Far too expensive for pub-grub, service poor and impersonal and even though I was asking about the different beers I wasn't offered to try three thirds of different beers which I believe you can have. What was bizarre was that I ordered the rack of lamb (which was very good but then at £24 you'd expect it to be), which came with dauphanoise potatoes, sprouts, carots and red cabage, yet my partner, who had monkfish and mussells in a white sauce, was expected to share the vegetables ! Sprouts and red cabbage with fish ?? Who on earth decided that this is a good combination ? I've eaten in London much cheaper and better than this and indeed the Pear Tree at Purton where I'd have got 3 very good courses for about £35 a head.

1  Thank Albert60187049
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Well recommended top level restaurant & service, also open for great lunches, home cooked fresh food.

1  Thank joolzroz
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Excellent beer brewed on site. Great food as well. A bit expensive but worth it. Impressive cheese trolley.

1  Thank PhilB58