“Can't praise highly enough”
Review of Egg-e-licious

Egg-e-licious
Ranked #2 of 439 Restaurants in Swindon
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Can't praise highly enough”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love Eggelicious. I've now been a number of times & have never ever been disappointed. Above all the amazing food, Ash the owner makes eating at Eggelicious an experience which is so often not the case in many other places.

You can't go wrong here & you certainly won't regret a trip to eat here.

“More than just a wrap”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

What a little gem of a place. It's not ideal for a romantic meal as it's in the market but for a lunch stop or a hangover cure it's just the thing you need.

The wraps are either a regular or super size and then you can choose of one or more fillings. I had chicken, potatoe and cheese and my wife had chicken and spinnach and we had a chai each. It came to about £13, which is more than a limp burger in macdonalds etc, but we walked out after having some healthy and very tasty food and I would have it over any other fast food out there... You don't end up feeling the fat, greasy, salty shame of a KFC or macdonalds!

I had a small wrap, but there was plenty of filling and it was well worth the money. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we weren't pushed to go bigger or add more than we wanted. The £10 wraps have tons in them, they look massive. £10 may seem expensive, but it's loads of food, it's a full on meal if you get a fully loaded big one.

I will visit again for sure. Sorted my hangover right out.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing hidden gem for lunch”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Finally got around to trying Egg-e-licious for the first time yesterday. After hearing nothing but good things and I can confirm it definitely lives up to the hype.
Ash (owner) guessed that we were 1st time customers and gave us a sample of all the different things he had to offer on the day. It's all cooked fresh in front of you, and every morsel we tried was absolutely delicious!
Ash is obviously a passionate foodie, and a really nice guy too.
For what you get, it's also terrific value for money.
Will be back for more, and more and MORE!

1 Thank Essbee41
“Amazing Place”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Having read many many reviews on how good this place was, my wife and I popped in for lunch. It was the first time we had eaten there. We very quickly on first name terms with Ash, who was very helpful and guided us through the options until we both found exactly what we wanted. My wife is a vegetarian and she had loads of options to choose from, so she was pleased. I had a lamb/potato/pea/chilli wrap, and she had porchini mushroom/sundry tomato/potato/mozerella wrap. When preparing my wrap, Ash even asked me how much (fresh) chillis I would like and gave me lots (as requested). At first we sat at the stall and chatted to Ash as he freshly cooked the food. The smells were glorious. Then the 'sofa' (yes, that's right, a sofa), became available so we went and sat there. Ash brought the wraps over, wished us a nice meal, and even spent a few minutes telling us of his passion for fresh and good quality food. When we started to eat our wraps we understood exactly had he had been talking about. Both wraps were absolutely fantastic, and you won't believe just how much filling they both had! We then paid and set off, saying goodbye to Ash and complimenting his food. We paid £13 for the 2 wraps, which admittedly is a little expensive, but we were not at all disappointed, and plan to definitely go there again soon. If the prices were a little less, we could more easily justify going there more often. There are loads of delighted Eggelicious customers here, and there's a reason for that. It's a great informal (being in a tented market didn't bother us at all), very friendly, very tasty, place to eat. They also provide a 'Text or call, then come & collect' service by ringing 07943454753. (Ash, if you read this, I'll send you a copy of my next CD, cheers 'Kenny Rodgers' - ha, ha, ha).

1 Thank WRZ2013
Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
“Fresh local food - yes please”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I've lived in Swindon for a long time (most of my life) except for a few multi-year stints in Cardiff, London and Amsterdam.

One of the things I always missed was being able to get something fresh, tasty and relatively healthy to eat. Hidden away in the tented market, Eggelicious is one of the few places in the town centre that bucks the trend of bland high street chow.

I ordered a spicy chicken wrap with chickpeas and potato. I was asked if I'd like onions, chillies and coriander and took all three. The staff were very friendly and literally cook it in front of you. Three of them in that tiny space creating all these wraps was almost comical to watch, but also well organised and showed excellent teamwork.

The food itself was excellent. I like spicy food and fresh chillies certainly helped that. I think I might choose a better combination were I to go again, but that's really down to my poor decision making.

One thing in particular to note is that it should probably be called wrap-e-licious as I didn't really see many eggs on the go.

The price is higher than average, but you get what you pay for. If you want a full cooked meal for less then there's a McDonalds less than 2 minutes walk away. I believe in supporting local businesses, paying for higher quality and having friendlier staff.

Would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a quick bite to eat at lunchtime.