“Delicious”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in Swindon, looked up TA & decided we just had to try this place. It's at the end of Canal Street in the main shopping area. All the way there I kept telling my other half I hate wraps. They're always soggy, contain hardly any filling and taste like cardboard. Believe you me I had to eat my words when I tucked into Egg-e-licious wraps. They are as far removed from other wraps as possible. The owner, Ashe who is so enthusiastic and helpful, suggested we shared the chicken garam masala with mozzarella and potatoes and the lamb pasanda with peas and potatoes. The wrap is great, very thin, very crispy and absolutely packed with filling. We finished with a mug of freshly made, authentic chai. Everything is cooked in front of you by Ashe's wife and there are a few seats to sit and enjoy the food. We paid £14.40 in total, yes it's more than some fast food places but as in life you get what you pay for and it's most certainly worth it. Go there and experience great street food. Don't be put off by the slightly faded market area, this stall is a diamond in the middle of a coalfield. I wish the couple every success, they certainly deserve it.

1 Thank FerringFairy

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top dog in the food industry”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Recently visited the restaurant and upon reading the below review I must disagree.
The owner is funny and yet professional, the prices are fair and very clear, you can tell because of the reviews!

Always generous portions, always fair and exceedingly delicious, bravo Egg-E-Licious!!

1 Thank BryanNoble
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Make sure you're not overcharged”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The food was quite tasty £5.80 for a chicken and egg wrap but I was charged £7 for a lamb mince wrap when it should have been about £5. Owner claimed he was No 1 in Swindon here

Both tasted good but I asked for some extra sauce for the lamb as it was spicy and was told 'NO'

Couldn't tell if he was joking as he walked away with the sauce.

The staff were quite friendly and the food is cooked in front of you.

4 Thank 81davec81
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You just got to go, trust me on this.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting Swindon on a shopping trip so thought to check out trip advisor for somewhere to eat. So glad we did, fantastic food, great service, friendly and even offered samples before we ordered.
I had the lamb wrap, it was lovely, potatoes, onions, cheese, coriander and mint dressing on the side. Mrs Morgz had the Indian chicken, fantastic.
Ok it's not the best location but so worth a visit, can't wait to go back, just the 160 mile round trip is a bit of a killer!!
Morgz.

1 Thank Capt-Morgn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely exquisite and delicious.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Been a regular since this tiny empire opened, and the service, and food only positively surprises me every time. Better and more filling than any place nearby, 5*
Ryan.