“Great value”
Review of Buca di Beppo

Buca di Beppo
Reserve with OpenTable
Buca di Beppo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #278 of 446 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great value”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We went to Buca for a Sunday birthday lunch. The food was delicious - great carvery. The staff were attentive and very friendly. Well worth the money.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Disappointing and bland”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Looks promising and thought it was worth a try.

The food is pretty bland to the extent that I need to put salt on it to taste anything (something I just don't normally do). Even the pizza was pretty tasteless. The lasagne was dry and appeared to be just put in the microwave. The lowest layer of pasta was discoloured and again was bland in taste.

Shame really, because I was looking forward to trying this restaurant out, but I won't come rushing back again.

Southwold, United Kingdom
“If you can get it a steal ...”
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Had to ask for the early bird menu, but once got it, the arancini, chicken linguine and tiramisu were all got exemplars and at under £12 for 3 courses, great value.

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Buca and Victory Pub were a nice surprise.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at the Swindon De Vere Hotel for 3 days last week and got the chance to eat in both the Italian; Buca Di Beppo and the Victory Pub.

I will start with the Italian Restaurant. As soon as my partner and I walked through the doors we were introduced to our server; Dave, he had a very professional demeanour and attitude and was more than helpful with everything we needed.
We ordered our food, both starting with Calamari. I was a bit wary ordering this as I am a huge fan of it and have experienced elastic band like calamari before. The food came out and I have to say it was delicious, cooked just long enough to give the perfect texture, not too chewy which is a pet hate of mine. It was just right.

I ordered the Steak for my main and my partner ordered the Chicken Milanese. I ordered my steak Medium and as soon as it came out I had a little look, cutting in various places and it was just right and the butter, tomato sauce that came on top of it was delicious. My partner's milanese was lovely, she couldn't finish it and I couldn't help myself finishing it off. It was perfectly seasoned; fantastic.

We didn't have room for desserts but the selection on the menu sounded delicious.

On our last night we stayed in the hotel, we ate in the victory pub it was relatively quiet so we ordered quite quickly. Before I mention the food the young staff members were very unprofessional, I saw one guy stand and text on his phone for about 10 minutes while the people next to me were waiting to order. We ordered our food and sat down to our table about 10 minutes later our food came out. We didn't want starters so I ordered the double victory burger with chips and my partner had the margarhita flatbread. The burger was lovely, nice crispy bacon with melted cheese was perfect. The flatbread was nice a crispy and had some nice herbs on top (I don't know what they are called) which were a nice addition. Went up to order some desserts and stood and watched 3 girls behind the bar stand and talk for about 10 minutes walking off of the bar and coming back just talking amongst themselves I waited about 20 minutes in total and gave up after hearing the staff bicker about not getting tips, I had had enough.

I think the victory pub staff need more staff like Dave from Buca Di Beppo and the staff might start getting the tips they kept complaining about.

I was very impressed with Buca Di Beppo's food and service and would definitely go again.
I would go back to the Victory Pub for the food but the service needs serious work. The bar staff didn't seem to have any interest in being there and were more interested in their own conversations.

• Visited November 2012
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Dinner deal”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Rice balls were gorgeous, but would have been better with a spinach/ricotta sauce
Chicken Supreme lovely and moist, but doen't come with any veg or potatoes!
Panna cotta - simply divine
Minestrone soup was very thick and tomatoey
Chicken Rigatoni is a bit too hot, too much chilli?
Chocolate Torte/cake is absolutly lovely
Waitress KATE needs a pay rise!

Visited November 2012