“Good Chef & Brewer near Swindon”
Review of The Cold Harbour

The Cold Harbour
Ranked #49 of 449 Restaurants in Swindon
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated just off the A419 in Swindon and next to a Premier Inn Large Restaurant dining area and further space to dine in our bar area. Great choice of Menu offering lunch and evening meal deals, fantastic selection of main meals and seasonal specials. Nice size garden for the summer.
Manchester
“Good Chef & Brewer near Swindon”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I recently dined at this Chef & Brewer en-route further south. Located just off the A419 it's really easy to find. There is also a Premier Inn next door if you need somewhere to stay.

We visited on the friday of the Cheltenham horse race so the pub was busy even at 9.30-10pm. The staff were working hard but kept you up-to-date with your order. The food is your typical Chef & Brewer menu so really tasty but more expensive than your average pub food. I had the Brewer's Chicken, my wife had the Vegetarian Burger and we both had the Chocolate Fudge Cake. Both courses were excellent!

Only slight negative, and this is just me being a northener! Take lots of money, it is nearly GBP6 for two pints of diet coke! We nearly keeled over with shock! :) Haha

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank coyotes_uk

“Great food, great staff”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Loved the food here, had several dishes here along the week staying in the premier inn next door. The food was reasonably priced and very nice. All the staff were very welcoming, and very organised. A very pleasant place to eat without a doubt.

Fairford, United Kingdom
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We live fairly close to this restaurant and have eaten here on many occasions and have never been disappointed. Staff always good too.

• Visited March 2014
“Could of been much better !”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

On the off chance my and my girlfriend decided to stop here before going to see sone dog racing. A friendly welcome, and a table for two in the corner. Didn't seem overly busy but most tables full, as we had to be at the dogs for 8pm(we arrived at 7pm) orderd our food 7.10pm after 40mins we asked where our food was the friendly lady told us we had a another couple of tables to serve which was fine bur we told the lady why hadn't someone told us there would be a long wait as we have a table waiting for us at the dog racing, she went off camw back five minutes later and told us we would of missed the racing as it starts at 7.30and our food will be out after the next table.

Now for one I dont mind waiting but at least they could of told me how long it is going to be(if longer than 30mins), and two how the the lady thought it was ok as the racing started at 7.30 so we had missed the dog racing anyway, I had arranged to meet friends at 8pm. Don't tell me its ok that our food is late as we have missed the start of the racing anyway, thats just bad service in my book.

Food arrives, looks very good and first taste of the boar buger is good, onion rings are under cooked almost raw the coating is excellent though, the girlfriend had seabass which she said was good, but the sweet potato was also pretty much raw or very under cooked.

Such a shame could of beenva lovely night at the cold harbour, I will not be back.

Wales
“Painful!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Booked in advance for a table of 6 on a Saturday evening.

Booked the table for 7.30pm and arrived promptly and we were shown to our table which was perfect. We were informed that the waitress would be back shortly to collect our orders but there was a short delay as the kitchen needed to 'catch up'.

About 20 minutes later the waitress came back to collect our order and a full 40 minutes later at 8.30pm our starters arrived. We weren't in a rush but with children to wait an hour was a bit painful. Only one child had a starter so when the starters arrived we asked if we could have the main for the other child and were told this was OK.

However, nothing arrived and it didn't come until we all got our main meals at about 9.20pm, meaning the little man had to wait almost two hours for something to eat.

The food itself was good but the service very slow, and I;m sorry that will be the thing that sticks in our minds when looking to book again. Second time we have visited and had no issues the first time hence we returned...will be thinking twice about going again.

We expressed our dissatisfaction at the time and were given a discount on the final bill.

Personally, having worked in a number of establishments it needs a manager, someone that can take control and is visible. We had visited a local carvery in the afternoon and straight from the off you could see who was in charge....not here, to me everyone was a waiter or a waitress, not a manager.

• Visited February 2014