Village Hotel Swindon
$51
  • Breakfast included
$92
$59
DoubleTree by Hilton Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
$54
$110
$107
$44
$42
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
$62
TripAdvisor
Alexandra House(Wroughton)
TripAdvisor
2,400 results
All reviewsitalian restaurantpizza hutclub roomvictory pubthe upper deckbowling alleylaser questleisure parkice rinkleisure facilitiesgreat facilitiesswimming poolcoffee machinelovely hotelsteam roomenjoyable staylovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed here on a number of occasions in the past 12 months and can honestly say I have not had a bad stay.
The check in staff are all very good engaging in general chit chat whilst they check you in and if you are lucky you will get a corner room (bigger than a normal room) or an Upper Deck upgrade which are normally £20 but worth it for the added extras (Sky package, better room and coffee etc).
I have found the rooms very comfortable with excellent beds and the only criticism would be that the rooms are a little gloomy and could do with more light.
I have dined in both the Italian restaurant and the bar which both serve decent food however I do prefer the atmosphere of the bar and the superior service from the staff in the bar.
Breakfast is served in the restaurant and has a very good range of food and drink however the service from the staff does not match that of the bar or the front desk at times which is disappointing.
Overall a very good hotel which is value for money.

Room Tip: The Upper Deck upgrade is well worth the money.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 429SteveP
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed just one night for a training course. Check in fine. Starbucks on site was a nice surprise. Ate in both the Victory bar and the restaurant. Couldn't fault the food in either. Health club was great too. Would have no problem staying again

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Philip C
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed over as an extra birthday treat, with there sleep and dine fortwo package. Really good value for money. Check in was quick and simple and with a smile we headed up to our room.
We stayed in an Upperdeck room and it was very bright, clean and roomy, the bed was enormous! (You could roll over twice and still not meet lol) and so comfortable. The room itself was tastefully decorated, lovely little cushions, beautiful lamps etc. It had a largeish flat screen tv (with full sky package!) Bose ipodspeaker doc and even Starbucks coffee in your room. The shower was brilliant and the free toiletries were actually lovely.
We had preordered wine and snacks in our room. And when we arrived we discovered it was red; which my partner isnt keen on, but with one simple phonecall to the bar downstairs within minutes there was a knock at the door and exchanged the red for a white complete with ice bucket! Marvelous.

The package included two dine for £29 and you have the choice of two restaurants to decide where to eat your 3course meal. The Victory Pub: traditional english pub style menu. Or Buca:Italian American restaurant. We decided on Buca only because the Victory pub was quiet loud this particular evening with many families and small children, having four lovely monsters myself that we had taken the night away from we just wanted something a bit more romantic.
The Buca restaurant was incredible, wow it actually felt like you were in a "little Italy" restaurant in the heart of New York City! Everything from the decor ( which was incredible framed pictures adorned every inch of the walls chandeliers velvet drapes lovely) to the music andeven the warm singsong welcoming staff it was just wonderful. The atmosphere was amazing the waiting staff fantastic and the food was to die for. Topped with beautiful wine.... the whole thing, the stay, the room, the staff, the food, the bed, the welcome.... truly faultless and we can not wait to stay again.

Many thanks De vere group you have made our night again.

Room Tip: Go Upperdeck, for just a small premium it made everything extra special
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chellehoney78
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here on business - upper deck room I had was great (and v clean); one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in (second only to the hotel bed I slept in in Las Vegas). Large room, excellent free wifi (a feature I value highly), good shower. Staff on reception and in pub were enthusiastic and helpful. Large free parking area. Staff Public areas are excellent where you can buy a coffee from the on site Starbucks. But,. the company needs to think about its restaurants - the concessions provided (i.e. how the hotel delivers food - not how the staff deliver; they were great) are not great and if I stay again, I would look to find somewhere else to eat. If I were arriving late and for one night and therefore needing to eat at the hotel, I might avoid this hotel all together. I would've rated VG or excellent had the hotel owners thought about how to deliver better food - hence the average rating (a stay let down by the food).

Room Tip: I can recommend the upper deck style room - very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ellough
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The positives:
• A very courteous and helpful young man checked us in and suggested an upgrade to an upper deck room.
• The evening meal was good and the chef willingly cooked an excellent gluten free pizza.
• The room was big and the bed was very comfortable.

The negatives:
• The bathroom was not clean. The grouting around the bath was brownish/black and needed a good scrub with some bleach. I initially called reception to discuss this and was told they were aware of it!
• The Bose music system didn't work and sky movies proved temperamental. A very helpful lady came up to our room and managed to get it to work, but we had little luck when we tried it ourselves. I pointed out the state of the bathroom and she agreed that it was unacceptable. Our upgrade charge was refunded and free drinks offered.
• The rooms are dark, even though they are spacious.
• Breakfast was absolute chaos! Not a pleasurable experience. The Head Waiter was running and shouting. A long wait for tea and toast and lots of dirty tables. Not a nice peaceful start to the day.

This hotel would be so much better if attention was paid to detail. An upgrade should deliver on all counts and it clearly didn’t in this case. However, the staff were extremely pleasant and courteous.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple