“Good japanese food a little overpriced. [vote 3.5/5]”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mount Fuji

Mount Fuji
Ranked #343 of 434 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Giaveno, Italy
“Good japanese food a little overpriced. [vote 3.5/5]”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Being hosted in the Stanton House hotel, I had my first dinner here.

Edamame beans appertizer was ok [3/5]
Japanese style sirloin is ok, with a touch of England (beef meat was cooked UK style for sure, not japanese) [4/5]
Rice is ok and nothing more[3/5]
The Asahi beer was better than in other places [4/5]

Just one bad note: I had to wait 5-10 minutes for being seated at my table as no one of the staff was in the room in this period of time... [2/5]

A nice place for a dinner, but not worth a dedicated trip and a little overpriced.

• Visited February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Great Evening”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I rang to make a booking for The Buffet dinner on Thursday evening but I made a mistake and ended up being booked into the Mount Fuji Restaurant but what a fantastic mistake to make! It was totally brilliant!!

The decor is traditionally Japanese, you have take off your shoes before being taken to your table, and you are given slippers to wear when you need to pop to the loo!

We opted for the £30 set menu which included a choice of 5 starters and the main course included 5 different types of meat! We chose Sirloin, Rump, Ox Tongue & Pork. And we had dessert of Coffee Mousse!

The Service was fantastic, very explanatory and patient!

The House Wine was good and at a good price too!

Well worth the money!!!!!

• Visited February 2013
England
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to Mt Fuji restaurant with friends. The food was well prepared and the staff were very knowledgeable. The set menu provided more than enough and the set up of the restaurant is very different to anything else we've been to in the area. We would certainly go again.

Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
“Good food, good value slow service”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We went as a family with my brother in law and his family, we thoroughly enjoyed the authentic Japanese food, plenty of it as well on the all you can eat Thursday. Sadly the service didn't match. Although the staff are pleasant enough I think they sat back a bit as it was the all you can eat night.
Nonetheless we enjoyed ourselves, the food was excellent and made a real difference from the same old same old Chinese and Indian restaurants

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Nice staff, disappointing food”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The staff are very welcoming and friendly. The room pleasant. The food is not value for money. We had the set menu B where you get a starter, choice of three out of four meats to bbq, veggies to bbq with the meat and a green tea type pudding. I had a tofu soup starter which was really really tasty. The main was disappointing as we weren't really instructed on how to cook the meat, most of it stuck and disintegrated on the bbq, and most of the time instead of chatting and enjoying eating I was panicking about burning the food. I had the crème brulee for pudding which I'm very glad about because I tried the other green tea puddings and they were nasty. For this price I would have expected something very edible...but it was far too much effort.

If we ever go back I would choose to have sushi or some chef prepared stuff.

• Visited September 2012