“A Must off the M4”

Ranked #9 of 44 Swindon B&B and Inns
Limerick, Ireland
“A Must off the M4”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have stayed in the Jessamine Cottage 156 Drove Road Swindon SN1 3AG three or fours times in the last few years.Its a very nice house run by nice people Sue and Winston Castle,they alway go the extra mile to help there guests.Swindon is just off the M4 a good location to see Stone henge and wonerful Wiltshire.I drove over from Ireland and it only around a hour to London, the south coast it near also the Midlands and Wales,I would get them 100 out of a 100.

Michael P.Potter, Limerick Ireland

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your great review. What can I say? We always look forward to your visits. I love your views on so many subjects, always a pleasure to see you. Maybe you should stay a bit longer next time. I can take you to Avebury on The Blackbird.

All the very best

Winston & Sue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
UK
Reviewed March 31, 2012

My work in Swindon was made very comfortable by a three-night stay at Jessamine Cottage. Sue and Winston, the hosts, were very kind, helpful and attentive; the bedroom was comfortable and the breakfast delicious. The ensuite bathroom was very well appointed, spotlessly clean and the shower, excellent. The fact that it was only a five-minute walk to my place of work was an incidental benefit. If I am sent to Swindon to work again, I will definitely be checking back in to Jessamine Cottage. Thank you, Winston and Sue.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear Jakex,

Thank you for taking the time to review Jessamine Cottage. Sue and I are so glad you enjoyed The Queen's Park Room and you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope you come to Swindon again and look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards

Sue & Winston
Devon
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Winston and Sue are very welcoming and helpful hosts. Room very comfortable and well-equipped. Lovely to have a separate large bathroom that was part of the suite.
I would definitely recommend this B&B for trips to Swindon.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Hi JuliaDevon,

Thank you so much for your most complimentary review. Sue and I really appreciate it when we get great feedback . We both hope you come back to Swindon again soon and stay with us again.

Sue and Winston
Jessamine Cottage
Surrey
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Jessamine Cottage is simply the best Bed and Breakfast I have stayed in for years. From the professional handling of my initial enquiry to my departure after a sumptuous breakfast two days later, Sue and Winston could not have been more kind, helpful and accommodating. My room and bathroom were immaculately clean and had all the luxuries of a top class hotel - complimentary toiletries, dressing gown, hair dryer, wi-fi, fresh milk for the in-room refreshments, which included a selection of drinks and chocolate bars. I have a bad back and so really appreciated the top quality mattress - I slept like a log, which hardly ever happens. Breakfast was a feast with masses of choice - freshly squeezed juices, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, continental and cooked options (you must try the amazing, locally sourced sausages..) and last, but not least - the delicious homemade bread.
My trip was a business one, so I really appreciated the desk and good light in which to work, in my room, and the peace and quiet of the house. There are a selection of restaurants within easy walking distance of Jessamine Cottage so evening meals are close to hand. Absolutely everything and more that you could hope to find away from home. Many thanks, Sue and Winston, for a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SpencerSurrey
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Hi Spencer,

Thank you for a fantastic review. It is so rewarding to get such a positve response. We only recently invested in 'memory foam' mattresses and we have had many complimentary responses about them. We bought a memory foam for our own bed and thought they were so good we just had to get them for all our guests.

Glad you liked the home cooked breakfast. We have just started doing a home cooked evening meal as well so next time hopefully we can offer you a meal here in case you want to have a meal in.

All the best

Cheshire, England
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Jessamine cottage was a pleasant, comfortable place to stay overnight on business. The single bedroom was excellent, with a good desk and powerful shower.
Breakfast was well cooked, with home made bread and a good choice of main courses.
The location is convenient, close to motorways, and near a pub for an evening meal.
In short, a comfortable, convenient stopping place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank CheshireGenealogist
Dear Cheshire

Thank you for your review. Sue and I are really pleased you liked the room and the shower and of course the breakfast.

We really appeciate you taking the time to review our B&B and we hope you stay with us agin if you come back to Swindon.

Sue and Win
Ipswich
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Highly recommended, the owners are very friendly and couldn't do enough to make my stay enjoyable. Great breakfast and facilities excellent. I will be back here if I ever need to stay in Swindon again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank IanDicker
Hi Ian
Thanks for your kind words. It makes it all worthwhile when we get feedback like yours. We hope you come back to Swindon soon.
Almere, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I had a single room.
Staying at Jessamine Cottage feels like coming home. It's warm and friendly.
The breakfast is fantastic. The bedrooms are clean and cosy. The bathroom / shower is perfect. Nice that there was a V220 available.
I had a quiet sleep and woke up by smelling bacon & eggs. :)

'Sure I will come back!'

Thank you for the superior service and the nice chat at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ClaudiaDCZZ
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Hi Claudia,
Thanks for your brilliant review. Sue and I are really pleased you had a great time and we really hope you come back soon.
The 220 Volt socket on the side of the illuminated mirror in the bathroom is very handy for charging things like phones.
Winston and Sue