“Great B&B, handy for the football!”

Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 44 Swindon B&B and Inns
Ipswich
“Great B&B, handy for the football!”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Highly recommended, the owners are very friendly and couldn't do enough to make my stay enjoyable. Great breakfast and facilities excellent. I will be back here if I ever need to stay in Swindon again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank IanDicker
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Hi Ian
Thanks for your kind words. It makes it all worthwhile when we get feedback like yours. We hope you come back to Swindon soon.
Winston & Sue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Almere, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I had a single room.
Staying at Jessamine Cottage feels like coming home. It's warm and friendly.
The breakfast is fantastic. The bedrooms are clean and cosy. The bathroom / shower is perfect. Nice that there was a V220 available.
I had a quiet sleep and woke up by smelling bacon & eggs. :)

'Sure I will come back!'

Thank you for the superior service and the nice chat at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ClaudiaDCZZ
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Hi Claudia,
Thanks for your brilliant review. Sue and I are really pleased you had a great time and we really hope you come back soon.
The 220 Volt socket on the side of the illuminated mirror in the bathroom is very handy for charging things like phones.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 27, 2011

For the first time I visited Swindon/UK and could not have asked for more being outside my country India.I stayed in this place for almost 5 Months continuously and found a new home.Sue and Winston are like my parents now and we share a great Bond with each other.I noticed that they have that special bond with everyone who visits them which makes this place very special one.I would suggest evryone who visits Swindon should visit Jasmine Cottage and feel the hospitality mixed with lot of Love and care.Genuinely a five star experience.

Sue and Winston....Thanks for making my stay in Swindon a most memorable one which I will cherish throughout my life.

Best Regards,
Praveen

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Praveen_25
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 17, 2011
Hi Praveen,

Thank you so much for your writeup on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate you taking the time to let other people know about us.

We thoroughly enjoyed you staying with us and hope you come back to the UK again and can stay with us again.

Southern United kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Myself and my husband are experinced travellers having stayed at many top five star hotels BUT Jessamine cottage is one of the best bed and breakfasts we have ever stayed. Right from emailing and enquiring about the rooms we had a prompt and prefessional but yet friendly response.
Our stay was tinged with the sadness that My Mother had died and we needed a room for a couple of nights whilst visiting family and organising funeral.
The hosts and owners Winston and Sue were so kind , warm and welcoming. They were also so very kind to me with the loss of my Mother.
The cottage is decorated to a very high standard but yet is homely and very comfortable. We felt at home immediately. Nothing was too much trouble.
The breakfast was simply delicious! I enjoyed smoked salmon with scrambled eggs and toast. The orange juice is freshly squeezed and the bread home made. All food is high quality.
The bed was so comfortable and I slept very well.
Our room was in the attic area and was spacious and luxurious. I particularly enjoyed the corner bath! Lovely foam bath too!
This will be our place to stay each time we visit Swindon!

Room Tip: Book early as demand is high
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank fudge
Hi Fudge,

Thank you so much for your comments on Tripadvisor. Sue and I were pleased to be able to help you out and make your stay in Swindon as good as possible. You were a pleasure to have as guests and hope you can make another trip to Swindon and see you then.

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Lovely guest house, very warm welcome. Bed absolutely gorgeous. Breakfast was delightful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DAP69
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Hi DAP,

Thanks very much for your great review. We thoroughly enjoyed having you with us and pleased you had such a good sleep.

Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Essex, UK
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Stayed here for around 5 months on business and occupied a couple of the rooms. Winston and Sue are very warm and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are very clean and well appointed with tea/coffee making facilities, free view tv, fridge and DVD player and free wifi is also available. Breakfast is good with plenty of choice. There is off street parking and it is about 15 mins walk from Swindon town centre. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank AWC38
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Hi AWC
Many thanks for taking the time to complete the review and for your kind words.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and all good wishes for the future.

Kind regards

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I've stayed here a few times now in different rooms and they are all bright, comfortable and well equipped ensuites maintained to an exceptionally high standard of cleanliness and decoration that put many B&B's I've stayed in to shame. The owners are lovely and helpful people, who take deep pride the quality of accommodation that they offer. Breakfasts are also served to order and are cooked to perfection. I always try to book early when staying in Swindon as there are only a handful rooms and it is rightfully a popular place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank HouseBlendGuy
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Dear HouseBlendGuy
Thank you very much for your very kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.
It is great to receive your feedback.