“anniversary”

Ranked #122 of 448 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery The Friary. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Swindon’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I and our family went to the Toby Carvery to celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary ,we had a lovely evening out .The carvery had a very good selection of food inc four types of roast and of course a good variety of veg. the puddings were outstanding and my ladies will vouch to tha,t.I have to say it was excellent value for the money I realy thought they had made a mistake,well done Toby we will be back.

There are newer reviews for Toby Carvery The Friary

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great value for roast dinners!!!! Try make a roast dinner for two(if you have a discount coupon) two dinners for £10!!!! A bit more if u don't. Good plate of hand carved meats and fill your boots with unlimited spuds and veg!! A must for cheap roast dinners.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a lovely dinner here on Saturday the 9th of March, the day before we started our holiday. Great food and service and highly recommend it to our friends and family.

See you soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

You can't beat the value of this pub/restaurant. No it's not posh and fancy but who can knock a good, substantial roast dinner. There is a bit if a wait both for a table and at the carvery, but the staff are friendly and lets face it they have a lot to put up with. My friends daughter couldn't finish her meal so she was given a doggy box to take it home in, that's brilliant and you can get a roast to takeaway if you prefer. They also offer a no meat option which is about £1.70 cheaper and a veggie alternative for the full price. I couldn't ask for more. Top marks from me. One thing though I would book as the wait wthout a reservation could be a long one.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went to Toby Carvery the a few days ago and overall I was impressed, it looked very busy from the outside but when we got in there we only had to wait 15 mins for a table.

Got seated and then went up, a bit of a wait as they only had one chef carving, the only thing that made us laugh was you had to ask for the trimmings to go with the turkey as if you did not you would not have got. Overall food was lovely and for the price would go back.