“Great place to put your head.”
Review of Jurys Inn Swindon

Jurys Inn Swindon
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed for two night on a National Holiday coach trip.

Fabulous reception staff. Very helpful. Emailed day before requesting extra pillows which where in the room on arrival.

Rooms: clean room, comfortably beds, clean and we'll equipped bathroom. Fantastic fluffy towels.room serviced everyday.

Evening meal on both night was a set menu as we where on an organised trip, was a little slow and and alittle over cooked.This gave us time to chat to our other coach travellers.

Breakfast on both days was buffet style and amazing, plenty of choice. No complaints.

Bar prices what you expected, a bit pricey in great surrounding. We saw bar meal been brought out which looked really nice.

Overall great place to stay as a Base as Bath and Cambridge is just over an hour away.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank kathyv09
Catriona D, General Manager at Jurys Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Kathyv09.

Firstly thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor after your recent visit, and also for writing such a great review.

I know our team and management look for new comments each day and will be delighted after reading your feedback.

Thank you again and hope to see you back in Swindon in the near future.

Catriona_delaney@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I found the staff very accommodating and Breakfast was amazing and our evening meal was lovely

handy place to stay for good value- Train only a few mins walk/Taxi from Hotel

I think it only took us 45 Mins to Bristol and even less to Bath

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I visit Jurys Inn Swindon for work on a regular basis, generally it is a good experience. A nice hotel with very customer focused staff.

I work within the hotel and use the conferencing suite, the team and in particular Phillipa make sure my experience memorable and she ensures through regular communication that each day runs smoothly and all our needs are catered for, with nothing being too much trouble. I would thoroughly recommend Jury's for conferencing.

Room Tip: A corner or end room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Nickie_S10.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor and it is great to see our Conferencing department also get a mention.

I know Philippa strives to ensure we meet our delegates expectations and I will ensure your comments are passed on.

If you need anything further or in addition during your conference or stay please email me directly.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I recently stayed for three days as part of a group. I found the room comfortable, with the bed and pillows were comfortable . The air conditioning was efficient and the tea and coffee facilities in the room were useful. The shower was large, with plenty of hot water. Our room was at the back of the hotel and we were not disturbed by noise. However the organisation in the dining room in the evenings was unacceptable. The dining room was unable to cope with the number of diners. The quality of the set menus was limited and appeared to consist of frozen food. The staff who served were young, pleasant and doing their best under difficult circumstances. The dining room was busy in the morning, but being self service, was manageable. The quality of breakfast was fine. The old town was within walking distance , up a hill from the hotel. In the evening shops here were closed, but bars and restaurants were available.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Belfastgirl55

Often our guests advise us that they review TripAdvisor ahead of their visit to Jurys Inn Swindon, so I appreciate you personally leaving your feedback after your recent stay.

I certainly enjoyed reading that you found our bedroom facilities of a high standard as I know our Housekeeping Manager takes pride in ensuring we exceed our guests expectations.

I was disappointed to read that our Restaurant was not to your standard, and you found the choice selection poor, however I assure you our food is cooked fresh to order and we often get very positive comments regarding the quality of food that we offer.

Delighted to read you found our team friendly and I will ensure all the team are aware of this feedback.

Should you wish to stay with us in the future or an alternative Jurys Inn please contact me directly and I will gladly & personally look after your reservation.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The management seem to be totally out of touch with organisation and how to treat their staff. The hotel rooms were nice, housekeeping excellent, clean public areas and then you reach the restaurant which at first glance seems great. However, the poor staff are treated like slaves running about like headless chickens. Lovely girls and guys who are expected to be mind readers and know what to do but without proper leadership. The tall lady who took control on Sunday morning was great and they obviously like her as they went about their duties happily, but not on Sunday night when a different person was running it. The bar lady, small, blonde and doing her best just gave up as she had no help at all. Absolutely disgraceful.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear LillithSophie

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay at Jurys Inn Swindon.

Firstly I would like to ensure you that all the management team here at the hotel are very much customer & team focused, and whilst last weekend was extremely busy we did receive a large volume of positive comments.

I will ensure Anna our Housekeeping Manager, Lynn our breakfast supervisor and Justine who worked in our Bar last Sunday evening are aware of your additional comments also.

Finally thank you again for your observations which I will ensure are communicated accordingly at our weekly management meeting to eliminate any reoccurring issues outlined in your feedback.

Please email me directly if I can be of any assistance for a future reservations here or with any of our Jurys Inns across the UK or Ireland.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was the first Jury's Inn I've stayed in, and im very happily surprised.

We paid £50ish for our room, our room had a double and a twin bed in it, along with a desk, chair, wardrobe, and was extremely spacious, plenty of room for 2 people to stay in for the night.
The room was very clean and warm.

The bathroom- Bath with overhead shower- which was one of the best showers I think I've ever had at a hotel! With complimentary shower gel and shampoo, very clean and tidy.

We didn't stay too long at the hotel, only the one night, but all of the staff that we came across seemed helpful and approachable.

I cant comment on the food-we did not stay for the breakfast.

I would happily stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed at the jury's inn over the weekend as part of a coach tour. I must say that despite it being busy with 3 other coach companies the service in the hotel was excellent. Staff were very accommodating and polite at all times, nothing was too much to ask and they all worked well as a team particularly the dining room staff.

The food was lovely with good portions served and very tasty.
The location of the hotel is very good, it is very near the local town centre and a train station. So if you need anything you can just pop to the shops.

The bedrooms were a decent size with a nice flat screen TV, tea & coffee and were cleaned to a good standard daily. The bathroom was nice with a strong shower head and hot running water every morning and night.

The decor in the hotel itself is modern but basic and good value for money. The beds are very comfortable and perfectly sized. The hotel was very quiet with no noise disturbance during our stay.

The hotel also offers free wifi which is easily accessible throughout the hotel.
It's difficult to fault the hotel as we had a great stay, well done to the friendly team Jury's Inn Swindon.

• Stayed: August 2014