“Service par excellence”

Jurys Inn Swindon
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

After a very tiring journey filled with conference calls; IT problems; crm access issues and a 600mile round-trip (I did not update my satnav) I was in a reasonably foul mood - on arrival and entrance to the car park (to be paid) the smell of the fish & chips along with the warm welcome from the reception (Katie?) instantly diffused my angst

A very nice salmon dinner with a couple of Weisbier to follow meant a very, very weary traveller was made to feel comfortable

Now, Jury's Inns are not my preferred chain. If hey were all like this one, then they would be

Try them; review them and enjoy the salmon

Happy travels my fellows!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Rooms clean, well equiped everything we needed. We were on the fifth floor, nice and quiet. The water and ice machine worked, nearly always elsewhere, thry don't. The staff were helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Helped us out with maps and directions. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed here just before Christmas 2012 and found it nice so when it came to staying in Swindon again we went straight for here, only to be disappointed this time. Our eighth floor room was surprisingly quite noisy - and damp! The windowsills had pools of water on them, and the windows were very draughty - you could stand in front of them and feel the heat from the air conditioning unit on your back, and the draught from the window on your front! Also: they now charge £5 per day for parking - what?! Surely that should be part of the room rate? We didn't need to pay it in December so were very surprised to have to pay it this time. Apparently it's because they rent the land from the council so have to charge their customers for it. Erm ... no you don't, not when you charge so much per room. On the plus side, the staff were friendly, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable, and they brought up more tea bags and milk when we asked.

Room Tip: I think the rooms ending in 00 are the bigger ones. The higher the room doesn't necessarily mean...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrgeorgestark
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Spent a week here whilst on a works course. Very modern hotel, so far as to say one of the best I've stayed in. Can't compliment the rooms enough, everything in A1 condition. Breakfast and evening meals were fantastic, put on loads of weight with the amount I ate!!
Can't comment on the prices as my employer was picking up the bill, however, all in all 10 out of 10 ************

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick R
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at the Jury Inn for 3 days from the 3rd May 2013 for around the Cotswolds.
The hotel was very clean and modern styled through out.

I am not sure want the normal rates are fro booking direct with Jury Inns, as we book with a tour operator for the short break in the Cotswolds.

The food hall was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a buffet style with a typical range of English with a hint of continental to please the foreign guests.

The room again was clean, well furnished and evry thing worked as it should do. I did think that we could have had just a few more towels as for two of us we did have to share wet towel now and then.

One thing I did notice is the room had no draws to put our cloths in. Which suggest to me that most of the guests must only stay for 1 or 2 nights only.

In the evening without the air con the room became very stuffy very quickly; so my sleep was disturbed some what waking up feeling very hot.

The bar was reasonable priced, and also serves Costa coffee.

Over all I was more than happy with the hotel, facilities and the friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've stayed in Jurys only once before and found it excellent, but this was my first stay at Jurys Swindon. I'll never stay here again. Such a rip-off for the £78 for the one night stay for one person.
On the plus side, the bed was comfy, the tv worked and the facilities were very clean.
The air-con in the room was too noisy, disturbing my sleep. I couldn't turn it off however as the windows were locked shut and without the air con the room became very stuffy very quickly; so my sleep was very disturbed. Despite me stating my check-out time as 11:30-12:00 during booking, and again when I arrived, AND I had the 'do not disturb' sign on my door, housekeeping harassed me twice to leave by 10:30, they guy knocking very loudly and obviously annoyed that I was still there. For breakfast you literally help yourself to everything, including searching for cutlery, napkins etc. Ridiculous that they don't set tables for breakfast.... and no trays for guests to carry their items to their tables; seriously!? I was also amazed that they charge £5 per hour for wifi access. For the price I paid I'd expect wifi to be included; it is a popular venue for business people after all. Tea/coffee facilities in the room wasn't up to standard either. So disappointed overall and I feel so ripped-off.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here on saturday night, easy to find and a real bargain.
The Hotel is clean and smart, the staff were all very friendly and efficient. The bar serves Costa coffee! A bonus!
Stayed in a a room with a twin and a single, plenty good enough for three adults. Had a great shower and comfy beds. we were on the 6th floor and never had any noise issue with people on our floor or from outside.
The car park costs £5 for overnight stays.
Booked directly on their website for £49
The Range (shop) is directly behind the hotel and the town centre is within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Had no noise issues on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family