“Weekend break”

Jurys Inn Swindon
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed for the weekend at this hotel on a national holiday break , Hotel was very clean and staff
Were pleasant to speak to. The only problem was there was no hot water for a shower or a
bath .We arrived on the friday and left on the sunday and we still did not get any hot water .
We were very disappointed this problem was not solved .

Room Tip: We were very happy with the room good size and bed comfortable
2  Thank Ronald B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,636)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed for two night stay, good location very clean with very helpful friendly staff.
Breakfast selection was very good and the evening meals are also above the norm for budget hotel.
Good car park at rear of hotel.
Modern clean rooms WIFI & DSL in room TV, Hair dryer.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very nice hotel with modern, clean rooms. The reception staff are polite and helpful. The buffet style breakfast is plentiful and tasty. Car park is charged at £5 per night. The hotel is central to the shops and a big variety of restaurants. Also across the road from the Wyvern Theatre. Would recommend if in need of accommodation in Swindon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quaya
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Jury's Inn in Swindon proved to be a very successful choice for a 2-night business stay. The internet deal of guaranteed parking, internet and breakfast all included at £75/night was good value. We found a good restaurant (Da Vinci) a 15 minute walk away through the run down precinct. The building and rooms were smart and clean and the breakfast had a good choice - but not all set out at 06:30. I will go again next year.

Room Tip: I couldn't see any problems with any room location.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Paid £49 for 2 and that was with full breakfast, at weekend, so wasn't expecting much, had a lovely surprise.Service was wonderful and staff couldn't be more helpful and smiley. Hotel lovely and clean and nicely decorated. Had our evening meal in the hotel because it looked so nice and was not disappointed another member of our group was not happy with his steak, after he'd eaten most of it, as it more medium than rare but a fresh meal was soon on the table. The other member of our group were paying far more to stay down the road at a large chain budget hotel. I would stay here again as it was in a good location and there was some lovely countryside and little villages nearby.

2  Thank jandlhixxy
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here last year and found it comfortable and good value so returned for one night. It's still good value,nicely decorated with good, clean bedrooms and bathrooms. Nice to have a nice deep bath to wallow in. We had a room on the 8th floor overlooking the road on a Saturday night and even though we had the windows open any sounds of traffic and revellers was muted. Pillows could be better. Usual selection of food at breakfast. Meal in the evening was fine, nothing amazing but perfectly presented and fresh. Our young waiter was lovely. All in all a pleasant overnight stay. The car park is quite small and gets filled up and you have to pay £5 to park overnight. Wifi not free £5 an hour!! Not good. Close to shops if you are a shopaholic.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to avoid traffic noise. We heard nothing much from other guests even though our...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FerringFairy
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is my second stay at Jury's Inn Swindon. The first stay I had a 'superior' room. It was £70 and then I paid £10 for breakfast. I was woken up at 11am by knocking having not been told what time check out was the night before. I then was late for breakfast, again I wasn't told what time this was? They did however find me some food, which was nice. The young man working was wonderful! Mr Parker I think his name was.

However, tonight I paid £39. I have a room on the same floor as my 'superior' room, and the only difference I can see is that last time 10 minutes after I arrived in my room a woman turned up with water in bottles, and biscuits. Oh and a wifi code. So as far as I can see I paid £30 for wifi and water? These things to be honest I expect to be free?

Swindon is a load place. So is heathrow airport. If they can cancel out the sound why can't this place?

All in all it was a comfortable stay. However I do feel I've been let down by the price. The breakfast considering I was late, was good!

I didn't use the night time bar so I can't comment, it looks good though.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room. The traffic is non stop and every car in swindon has a giant exhaust!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo