“Good location better than average.”
Review of Jurys Inn Swindon

Jurys Inn Swindon
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here last year and found it comfortable and good value so returned for one night. It's still good value,nicely decorated with good, clean bedrooms and bathrooms. Nice to have a nice deep bath to wallow in. We had a room on the 8th floor overlooking the road on a Saturday night and even though we had the windows open any sounds of traffic and revellers was muted. Pillows could be better. Usual selection of food at breakfast. Meal in the evening was fine, nothing amazing but perfectly presented and fresh. Our young waiter was lovely. All in all a pleasant overnight stay. The car park is quite small and gets filled up and you have to pay £5 to park overnight. Wifi not free £5 an hour!! Not good. Close to shops if you are a shopaholic.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to avoid traffic noise. We heard nothing much from other guests even though our...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FerringFairy

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is my second stay at Jury's Inn Swindon. The first stay I had a 'superior' room. It was £70 and then I paid £10 for breakfast. I was woken up at 11am by knocking having not been told what time check out was the night before. I then was late for breakfast, again I wasn't told what time this was? They did however find me some food, which was nice. The young man working was wonderful! Mr Parker I think his name was.

However, tonight I paid £39. I have a room on the same floor as my 'superior' room, and the only difference I can see is that last time 10 minutes after I arrived in my room a woman turned up with water in bottles, and biscuits. Oh and a wifi code. So as far as I can see I paid £30 for wifi and water? These things to be honest I expect to be free?

Swindon is a load place. So is heathrow airport. If they can cancel out the sound why can't this place?

All in all it was a comfortable stay. However I do feel I've been let down by the price. The breakfast considering I was late, was good!

I didn't use the night time bar so I can't comment, it looks good though.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room. The traffic is non stop and every car in swindon has a giant exhaust!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2013

That's my second stay at Jurys Inn Swindon, and I will definitely go back!
It's not a Palace, but the staff has always been very friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and good size, the location is quite central and the facilities well thought for business traveller.
A great value for money!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The competition for good hotels in Swindon is not high. I have to travel here for work and the look of the alternatives for the price makes staying here an easy decision.

The hotel appears to be relatively new and is clean and the staff are attentive, however it seems that no matter what im told when I check in, that info isnt passed on.

ie, told Breakfast included, went for Breakfast and the name not on the list for either day. Have credit in the restaurant and its not automatically applied. Its been the same all 3 times ive stayed now..

And, please, can you sort the bar area out, the service is so slow. For example, last night there were 4 people behind the bar and only one serving. I waited 10 minutes for a drink and I was the only person waiting. Not really good enough for me

Room Tip: If you can get a king sized room, get one! the rooms with a double and a single in them have limited...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a very good hotel that offers great service. The hotel staff is friendly. The rooms are cosy and have comfortable beds. The bath room is clean. We only stayed for one night but had a great night's sleep there. very recommendable if you are staying around Swindon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here last Saturday night whilst visiting friends. Good online rate of £39. This did not include breakfast and you do have to pay an extra £5 for the car park, but the hotel is right next to the town centre, so left the car there and walked. Checked in at 1pm, quick and easy and our room was ready. We asked at reception for a restaurant recommendation and the manager gave us two, Di Vinci and Rendezvous. Decided on De Vinci (Italian) – great recommendation.
The room was average size, clean and quiet, possible because the hotel did not look busy and we was on the 8th floor which meant there was no outside noise.
The only food we eat in the hotel was lunch in the bar with a drink watching football on the big screen. The food (chilli con carne and chicken burger) was freshly cooked and not warmed in a microwave; a pleasant treat.
If you are looking for a simple low cost stay in Swindon then Jury’s Inn is the place.

Room Tip: On a fairly busy junction, so choose a higher floor (there are 9) then you don't hear any outsid...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Jurys Inn, Swindon is conveniently located close to the town center, railway station and bus station, however parking here is very limited and the car park is often full meaning that you have to use the council run car parks to park here.

The check-inn process was certainly very lengthy, on a busy Sunday evening, there were a number of people, however only one desk was open. It took nearly 20 minutes to check in which is totally unacceptable.

The room was what you would expect from this type of hotel and met the requirements. It is a shame that a number of hotels now include wifi as part of the offer, however Jury's do insist on charging you £10 for 24 hours, totally unreasonable.

The staff in the restaurant were friendly, however waiting 45 minutes for a pint of coke, despite several reminders whilst they changed the post mix container is not on. On average a 3 course meal took over 3 hours to arrive and the food was of an average standard. On one morning there was not enough people staying in the hotel so the breakfast buffet turned into an order through your waiter, which again was a lengthy process.

All in all it was an average stay. If work is not paying for you like it was me and you don't want breakfast and can go somewhere else for dinner then its an OK place to stay, however you would get better value at Premier Inn etc if all you wanted for the night was a room to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Paul C, General Manager at Jurys Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review Bradfordgull. I would like to sincerely apologise for the standard of service that you received during your stay. I will be thoroughly investigating delays experienced at both check in and in the restaurant and appropriate steps will be taken to prevent against a similar occurrence in the future. Jurys Inn Swindon does charge for Internet, however free connection can be obtained against a purchase in the bar or by signing up to Jurys Inn Rewards. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter further should you wish to contact me direct. Tel: 01793 445 600 Mail: paul_clifford@jurysinns.com. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post this review, your co-operation and constructive comments have been very worthwhile and will help to ensure that service standards are restored.
Kind regards, Paul Clifford