“Great new menu!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Bank is set over two floors. The first floor is a lounge and bar area leading to a roof terrace where can enjoy a enclosed area to drink. Its great as its off the street and private. The second floor is a for lively area with a boutique club with some great sounds and DJ's entertaining you. We are a late venue with a 3am licence. please come in and enjoy your evening with friends and enjoy your evening. We are a smart casual place with a strict entry policy as we want all of our guests to enjoy the evening. Everyone is welcome in this bar.
Reviewed April 14, 2019

Just enjoyed a Sunday lunch at The Bank in Old Town. Fantastic new menu, staff excellent as always! The food must be good as Marco PW was there with friends! Well done Manni and the whole team!!

Reviewed April 14, 2019

Just enjoyed a wonderful Sunday roast from the new menu. Beef tender, crispy roast potatoes, fresh veg and tasty gravy. They are happy to give extra veggies and gravy if you ask. Very full afterwards but I couldn’t resist the homemade tiramisu which was yummy. Staff Wonderful. Perfect! Back next week me thinks.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

We attended early on a Saturday afternoon, had a lengthy wait for drinks, my partner ordered a pizza which was price reasonably and generally enjoyable, I ordered a couple of the small individual dishes which were extremely disappointing, the portions were tiny and on large plates!! two prawns for £4,£5? really???, and cold crab cakes, which were rectified after the waiter swiftly took the plate and dropped the used cutlery on my lap!! Poor service and an absolute rip off!!

Swindon1313, Owner at The Bank, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear Sarah

Sorry you had a bad experience on your visit. We do have very good prices to suit and also great dishes. As to the small plates they are very good and they do very well. I do see what you say about the prawns. However they are very expensive as they are tiger prawns. I will talk to the team to make customers aware in the future about this. Also I will look into the other items of cold plates and accidently dropping the cutlery on you. I would be more than happy to dryclean or wash your clothing for you. Please do get in touch.

Our pricing is the most affordable and reasonable in Oldtown with average dishes no more than £10.00 you will see that no one in Oldtown has matched this and to get fresh homecooked food for this price. Some places charge at least 40% more on there menu which we are very keen on pricing for quality food.

We do sometimes don't get it right but to say a rip off is unfair.

I look forward to rectifying any issues if you care to contact us via email.

Thanks

Manni

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Ok, so how does your team training works?
From what I noticed, your bar attenders are told to sell double shots as standard and your impolite bouncers kick people out as soon as they get drunk-don’t worry I wasn’t kicked out.
It seems like a great business model to make money but one that can cost lives, so have a good look at yourself in the mirror and do the right thing because what your bar is doing could kill people.

Swindon1313, Owner at The Bank, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear Sir

I think all social media has now been covered for your complaint. You seem very annoyed about this double shots issue. I do agree and appolagise if this has misled you. We do not benifit from selling you doubles for a extra £1. I'm happy to refund this to you. I would say the bar staff are trying to save you the cost of another £4ish cost as a double is cheaper.

However you shouldn't be automatically given a double without asking and we should not automatically try and save you money. This isn't right.

I hope our apology will go some way with you.

Thanks

Reviewed January 18, 2019

I took my granddaughter into The Bank for lunch she is 18 months old and reasonably well behaved for her age. We were welcomed as though we were the only customers there. They fetched a high chair for me and although some of the lunch hit the floor I was told not to worry and they would see to any clearing up afterwards. This was brilliant to hear I did say I would be happy to tidy but they wouldn't hear of it. The chicken and fries my granddaughter had were real chicken not 'bites' or 'pop' but real chicken. Top marks for that.
I had Parmesan fries which a mayo dip. OMG they were lovely and the variety of snacks, starters and children's options were fantastic. I did look at the main courses too with a great deal to tempt me it was hard to be good but I managed it.
The tableware is also very good quality not cheap and flimsy. The whole ethos of The Bank was one I shall be sampling again and again. The staff were all so brilliant and very attentive that I could have stayed all day.
The prices are good also which is, I believe, very important these days without compromising quality and The Bank seem to have ticked all of those boxes.

Date of visit: January 2019