“A quality Sunday Lunch all round”
Review of The Bank

The Bank
Ranked #89 of 448 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Bank is set over two floors. The first floor is a lounge and bar area leading to a roof terrace where can enjoy a enclosed area to drink. Its great as its off the street and private. The second floor is a for lively area with a boutique club with some great sounds and DJ's entertaining you. We are a late venue with a 3am licence. please come in and enjoy your evening with friends and enjoy your evening. We are a smart casual place with a strict entry policy as we want all of our guests to enjoy the evening. Everyone is welcome in this bar.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We revisited The Old Bank for Sunday Lunch after having had lunch there a month before and finding that a previous chef-of-excellence had returned. We were not disappointed.

Our starters, soup and pate, were excellent. I had the fish special as my main course. It was unbelievable that this dish was included in the set price for a 2 or 3 course lunch. A fillet of Sea Bass rolled in a fillet of Salmon served in a crab sauce, beautifully presented and faultlessly cooked. My husband had the roast beef which was meltingly rare with a light home-made yorkshire pudding of definate character. Our adult son had a home-made burger served in soda bread which was simply perfect.

To be picky, it was a shame that the same attention hadn't been given to the vegetables which were randomly presented in the one dish, rather insignificant and not sufficient for the two meals they related to.

We can't wait to sample the dinner menu next!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

found a hair in my food and was very dissapointed .and after that theyofferd me a drink and i said no as i didnt know what to expect next also the people on the next table had been given there drink in a dirty glass

Reviewed December 17, 2012

ate here with colleagues. There appeared to be several christmas parties on and the restaurant was so noisy you could not hear the person next to you. Food was lovely (my duck might have been a little undercooked for some tastes) and the service attentive but not pushy and very friendly. Would be happy to eat here again but now during the party season

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Had a team meal here. Friendly staff, decent prices and well cooked, quality food. Live music wasn't overpowering and the service was efficient throughout the night. It came to £30 a head with a tip for 2 courses - for this quality I was well impressed.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We came for breakfast on a Sunday.

When we walked in four members of staff looked at us with blank faces, until I asked if we could sit wherever we liked.

5-10 minutes later someone came to take our order.

Our drinks (two teas) arrived five minutes later, and we then waited more than half an hour for our food. My wife had finished her tea by then; mine was stone cold.

When our food arrived we asked for some salt & pepper, and some butter for our toast. We waited five more minutes, then went up to the bar - the waitress had forgotten.

We finally got some butter, and the food was good. But I could have driven home, cooked, eaten and washed up in the time it took.

We've also had the pleasure of the band setting up. Which means they've been opening the door and letting in a blast of freezing cold air every 2 minutes for half an hour.

As I type, the piano player is practising, but the bar haven't turned off the Christmas music - so now we're listening to two different pieces of music at the same time.

Oh good - the guitar player's just started too.

And they've started a backing track - four different noises, all overlapping.

Would I come back? No.

Would I recommend it? No.

The best (worst) bit? This experience cost £24. For two breakfasts with tea.