“Nice Place - Shame about the oily food”
Review of Swindon Rendezvous

Swindon Rendezvous
Ranked #74 of 465 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Just been here on a meal with work colleagues. Its advertised as an all you can eat place where the food is cooked to order. We were sent the menu beforehand and it specifically stated it was cooked in a "healthy manner". So I choose my pieces based on the healthest options and was looking forward to it.

The place is nicely decorating, in a normal Chinese restaurant manner. It was clean and well maintained, with cutlery and plates being very clean.

Well, I was a bit disappointed to find I had paid I buffet price, but wasn't given any sort of choice in what was provided. Probably because there were 50 of us so they just gave us all a selection of starters and mains. The food was standard Chinese restaurant fare (i.e. gwai lo Chinese food) but seemed to have been cooked in crap loads of oil, making it quite unhealthy indeed. Lots of other people seemed to enjoy it never the less.

AC998, Manager at Swindon Rendezvous, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent dining experience at our restaurant. I am glad that you have enjoyed it overall. However, I am very sorry to hear about a few small issues you have addressed. I have had an investigation about them. Can I take this chance to explain what happened and what we will do to improve our services please?

First of all, our ' all you can eat ' menu is designed to satisfy all different requests from individual customer. You are more than welcome to choose any dishes with the red symbols on the menu. However, for a big party over 10 people, we might suggest to organize some of the popular dishes so that everyone could enjoy the freshly cooked food at same time. That doesn't mean you are not allowed to choose your own food at all. Our experienced staff are always happy to help you for any special request. Please do feel free to ask.

Secondly, we always try our ultimate best to combine the great taste with healthy quality. Therefore, we do use the finest ingredients including the pure rapeseed oil which is extremely low in saturated fat, rich in omega 3 . However, I have told the chef to control the cooking time better to ensure the best final presentation.

I really appreciate your kind reviews. My team and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten here on many occasions and can never find fault with the food.

The all you can eat buffet is great value and you can choose a huge variety.

We ate here last night (2 people), very buzzy atmosphere, very busy, but food was very quick to arrive. Almost too quick and we had to ask for a pause between courses as we weren't ready for more.

But still a good meal and great value (for food, drink is a bit pricey!).

AC998, Manager at Swindon Rendezvous, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent dining experience at our restaurant. I am really pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your evening with us. I do request the staff to offer the best service for our customers. I am sorry that you have felt being rushed slightly. I have spoke to the staff about it and they understand how to improve their service quality.

My team and I look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Really nice restaurant. All you can eat menu a bit confusing but was delicious and we had a truly fun evening.

My team and I look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The Rendezvous is without doubt the best Oriental restuarant in Swindon. Admittedly it is not the cheapest in the town, but is still very good value for the quality of food served. I went with a group of workmates and not one of them said that the food wasn't very special. I especially like the way that if you choose the eat as much as you can buffet, the freshly cooked fayre keep coming - wonderful.

1  Thank Wiltshirewall
AC998, Manager at Swindon Rendezvous, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback of your dining experience with us.

My team and I really look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was impressed with the quality of the food as it was delicious, portions were not large but as you can order as many as you like this was not a problem. There is a large choice of dishes so you can try some nice variations. The price is quite high compared to the many buffet style restaurants but you certainly get what you paid for.
I would say the only negative thing about this restaurant is that not all the dises are included in the all you can at offer. This was not to much of a problem as there are plenty of choices included but it did exclude the deserts which I think should be included in the offer.

Will I return?
Most definitely

AC998, Manager at Swindon Rendezvous, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent dining experience at our restaurant. I am really pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our services. We will try our best to satisfy your request further in the future.

I hope we see you again shortly.

Warm Regards