“Highly Recommend”

Thai Boran
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Thai Boran prides itself on providing only the most authentic Thai food using the freshest ingredients. We aim at all times to provide the finest food with the friendliest of service. Both Srikanya and Choovej, the owners, trained and worked at one of the top hotels in Bangkok. You can be assured you will receive our best service. Additionally Thai Boran also welcomes customers who are celebrating a birthday with a complimentary birthday cake.
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Great Place, friendly staff, awesome food. Just round the corner from the town centre, defo worth a visit.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I visited Thai Boran for the second time on Saturday evening and wasn't disappointed. The staff are so friendly and accommodating, and there were some Thai people eating there when we went in - always a good sign!
There is so much choice on the menu it's difficult to decide what to have (well it was for me)
The prices are very very reasonable.
Next time I am in Derby I'll definitely be back

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I took my boyfriend for a meal here for his birthday and it was great, lovely little authentic looking place with a relaxing atmosphere, was quiet to start with but gets busier later on. the food was fantastic, we paid around £16-£18 each for a 3 course meal, it was packed full of flavour and we had a good selection of food to choose from, although I will say even medium spicy is hot! As for the staff they can't help you enough, they're always at hand if you need anything and really friendly, I'd recommend it to any one!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our party of 5 had an exceptional meal. Great food, great atmosphere and very good value as we ad wine and beer with the meal. We all had different starters and mains so were ble to try other meals. Green Thai Curry was outstanding and became a favourite. Duck dish was very good

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Having short listed a few restaurants whilst working in Derby I stumbled across Thai Boran and remembered visiting previously. Don't be put off from the dated and tired exterior as the staff here are friendly and professional. But it is the foods authentic Thailand tastes that really sell this Derby gem. Be warned though when it says spicy it really means SPICY! I love the chilli and am often disappointed by the tameness of the heat of so called spicy dishes. The Tom Yum soup was hot as Hell...fabulous. Highly recommended and there are many mild dishes for those who prefer their food cooler.

1  Thank Simon B