“Great atmosphere.”

Pepitos
Ranked #33 of 613 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have been serving fresh, high quality and authentic Mexican food in the local community and beyond since January 1997. As well as serving known Mexican favourites such as Fajitas, Burritos, Tacos, Nachos, we have created our own unique Pepitos Special dishes with a variety of steak and chicken dishes. How ever you like your food, whether it's hot or mild, we cater for everyone from grandma to the kids and we have a great vegetarian selection too. So come down and bring the family or bring a whole group. Whatever the size or occasion, we cater for all. See you soon!
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We came across this by chance as we were staying at the Stuart Hotel, and thought mexican would be a good choice for our tea. We were very pleased with the atmosphere, we both ordered cocktails which were very tasty. We both chose fajitas however my friend requested lettuce leaves instead of tortilla and they were very happy to oblige. Good value for an authentic restaurant.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

It's been a few years between visits but we visited Pepitos as we fancied Mexican.

The food was great as was the service. The only thing I felt let it down was the laminated place mats and a few of the decor bits.

Apart from that if you want great Mexican then I would recommend it.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having searched the net for a Mexican resterant for a birthday suprise for my partner, I stumbled on peptios and looked at some reviews and the menu before hand and saw a lot of people saying the portions were small and the food was over priced. We went to peptios on a Tuesday evening and there were two other couples already inside. We were greeted by friendly waitresses and were seated straight away. The deco of the place is so sweet with candles on the tables and cacti and wall murals that really add to the Mexican menu alongside the Mexican music. We both ordered the fajitas the steak and the chicken ones with fries and onion rings. The fajitas came to the table served on hot plates that were still sizzling they smelt and looked amazing. The food was fantastic and there was so much food for both of us, we didn't really need the fries and onion rings. The fajitas were around 12 pound which I thought was very reasonable for the amount of food that we both had. I would drive back to derby tonight to have another meal at peptios amazing food.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Eaten at Pepitos numerous times and can honestly say I have never had a bad experience.

Food is really tasty one of the best UK mexican restaraunts I have eaten at. It is not as authentic as the food made in Mexico but would the UK taste want this? I like spicy, flavourful food but many do not.

When we got married this year we went to Pepitos a few weeks later and the owner gave use free drinks and deserts. Really nice guy.

Much better than the other Derby based 'Mexican Restaurant'

1  Thank King_Harrold
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love Mexican food and have been searching for a good place to find it in the East Midlands. Pepitos had good reviews, so we gave it a try. The prices were high and the food was incredibly boring. There was nothing particularly wrong with the food, and the service was good. However, I've spent time in Mexico and this food was by no means authentic in the slightest. We won't return.