“Children's Party”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Children's Party”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had read the reviews and dreaded going. However I was pleasantly surprised, we were welcomed by the manager who was very friendly.
We didn't eat, the children's indoor play area was clean.

The staff are young and don't know how to interact with children, however you haven't paid for an entertainer and young peoples wages are cheap which gives a cheap pub.

The place was clean and so was the booth we sat in

Visited July 2013

Buffalo,NY
“For what I wanted it was fine”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Recently we visited the Bonnie Prince as we wanted somewhere to gather, we were visiting from the States and my friends and family back in Derby hadn't met my 1 year old daughter yet, I wanted somewhere easy to get to and also large enough to hold many people and also with somewhere for kids to play.
The Bonnie prince is a nice large pub with a nice large kids play area inside and out, being just off the A50 it in my opinion provides pretty easy access for many people.
I can't comment on the food as I didn't really eat anything, however drinks seemed reasonable and the pub was a good size inside and out.
I did notice that it wasn't very busy for saying it was a Saturday afternoon, so i'm not sure if thats a sign of what other people have written on here about the service / food, all I can say is that it fulfilled what I imagine a typical English Pub to offer, simple no-frills offerings, and for that I was satisfied, If I wanted a meal there is no lack of options in the area for restaurants / pubs that offer a finer dining experience ( try the Clock Warehouse people !! )

Buxton, England, United Kingdom
“Lacking”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

we came to The Bonnie Prince as part of a childs birthday party, firstly i have to say that the childs play area is a welcome sight although they may need to look at the giant balls that are currently in the area as these have become a problem to smaller children.
Nikita was our server, she was the one who would be responsible for the event that was taking place, as i have seen in other reviews she didnt seem that intrested in being there as not a single smile was shown through the party, once the food was set up for the children we were told to come up stairs, the buffett consisted of pizza, chicken nuggets, fish fingers and chips with a small salad sutiable for the children, however the server started serving up the food without using any serving gear, there should have been enough pizza to feed all the children 8 in total i believe, but she was asking if the child wanted 1 or two pieces, if each child had 1 there still would have been spare, she then offered fish fingers and sausages, this was when one of the mums had decided to help out, my partner who had taken time to make a cake for the birthday girl was disapointed when the server had just placed the candles through the cake as opposed to around the cake, which had basically runied the pattern on the front, also the small cakes that were for the party bags were "placed" into the bags so that thet were all upside down,

good childrens atmosphere.
good prices on the drinks and food

Derby, United Kingdom
“Nothing Bonnie about this place !”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Firstly to say that my family have eaten here for a few years now as we are fairly local and have had some nice meals here. Saying that this was a few years ago
. We decided to try Sunday lunch here a few weeks ago, I wish we hadn't bothered! as with the last few reviews the place was really dirty, lots of tables still full of dirty dishes etc. and stayed that way for the entire time we were there!

we ordered our food eventually at the bar and to be fair the young barman was really efficient and polite. Food arrived by a surly waitress who really did not want to be there at all, she almost threw our cutlery at us and looked in total disgust when we asked for some more horseradish sauce! sorry to say the food was almost inedible, watery,smashed up veg and very strange coloured beef, worse than school dinners excuse for a roast dinner. I asked at the bar to speak to a manager and was informed that he was busy!!! to cut a long story short this may have cheap prices but when all the food was awful it was certainly not a cheap lunch out

. With all the competition in Derby for places to eat out on a Sunday Bonnie Prince really needs to sort this out and get some decent staff in who are not just out of school acting like grumpy teenagers !!! and sack the chef, Also parents beware the great kids area people rave on about is nothing more than an out of control crèche for kids too big to be in there swearing and shouting and causing dangerous mayhem to the small kids. God Knows what the parents are like! never again,

• Visited May 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“No wonder its empty its filthy”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We live in Chellaston so this is 'our local'... Went today for a Sunday dinner, the pub was empty, young staff were milling around chatting about nights out and mates... We sat in a booth, table 8 I believe, we ordered our food and sat chatting... This is when we noticed on the actual cushioning of the booth there was dried on ice cream... All over it!! There was also dirt and dust all over the feet of the table legs which made me think it can't ever get thoroughly cleaned! Yuk! And that's where we are eating!! After going to the bar I noticed lots of tables that were left with used pots still on them, what the hell were the staff doing? Seriously, isn't the pub questioning why on its busiest day it's empty??
Our food was tasteless.... We had Sunday dinners, the veg tasted of nothing, roasties were burnt and the gravy was like water!! I'd rather of fine to McDonald's... And that's saying something!!
Come on Bonnie Prince, pull your finger out get it cleaned and shake up your chefs... Maybe then will the locals use it more!!

1 Thank Mummywith4