Tripadvisor

Review of Nalaas

Nalaas
Ranked #113 of 747 Restaurants in Derby
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious food with service, best dosa I have ever had and indo Chinese is quality, guys please visit yummy food

Date of visit: January 2020
ThambiduraiK, Owner at Nalaas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Write a reviewReviews (73)

Reviewed December 28, 2019

Don’t be put off by appearances, this is one of the best places to eat in Derby, superb Indian food, not your normal 5 choices.
Give it a go, you will return I promise.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank Lightyfoot

Reviewed December 18, 2019

My friend recommended this restaurant as a great place for Southern Indian food.
I'd only had Southern Indian food once before in Leicester and thought it was the best and that nothing could match it.
The restaurant is situated in a less than salubrious part of Derby, down some dark back streets and it isn't easy to locate.
It looks like a tiny takeaway from the outside. When you go in, there is a reception desk on the right and you will be seated.
Very basic but clean inside. The man who served us was the most lovely, welcoming man and suggested that we have the dosa to start.
It came on a yellow plastic tray but please don't let that put you off because oh my god! It was a taste sensation! The dippy bits that come with it were some of the tastiest sauces I've ever had.
I had Kadhi paneer for main with coconut rice. Again amazing food washed down with some lovely mango lassi. I absolutely love this place.
It's not a very big place and at the moment I think it is Derby's best kept secret. The selfish part of me wants it to stay that way so that I can always get a table but they really deserve the biggest and best spot in town.
I highly recommend that you try this restaurant.
If you are thinking of heading here purely for the attractive surroundings, you will be disappointed. If you are going here to eat the most amazing Indian food in Derby, you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2019
3  Thank Julia E

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

I really enjoyed my visit. One of the best dosas I have had, followed by fish chettinad, lemon rice, and parathas. All excellent. The premises are unprepossessing but do not let that put you off. The staff are very welcoming and cheerful. You will enjoy. Full drinks list available.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Road705928
ThambiduraiK, Owner at Nalaas, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2019

Reviewed November 25, 2019 via mobile

This amazing wee place will blow your mind! We visit Derby for in bonfire season and will always head for here. please open a branch in Sth Manchester

Date of visit: November 2019
ThambiduraiK, Owner at Nalaas, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2019