“Great place for a family meal”
Review of Zizzi - Derby

Zizzi - Derby
Ranked #204 of 596 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Zizzi Derby is situated along Friargate and is great for both parties and smaller groups. It’s design has been inspired by the Rolls Royce factory and the building’s origins as a grocery shop. Its quirky layout helps to add to the great atmosphere on an evening. In summer we fling open all the windows and doors (as long as the sun is shining), which gives the rear conservatory a real feel of the Mediterranean.
Derby, United Kingdom
“Great place for a family meal”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We visited as a party of 8 plus one under 2 on Christmas Eve after the panto. Whilst the service was slow due to lack of staff, the friendly waitress & excellent food more than made up for it. Could not fault the food at all & good value for money. A relaxing way to end our Christmas Eve, putting all of the adults in a good mood in advance of a early start & busy Christmas Day.
We will be there again on Christmas Eve in 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
“Mediocre food, poor service, over priced.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Wrong starter for one member of our party meant that we either had to start eating without them or let ours go cold whilst waiting. Not a good start. Waited 20 minutes for mains only to be told they only had enough rice for one risotto so one of our party had to change their order, why they hadnt worked out their kitchen supplies at the start of the night i dont know! the risotto was also on the xmas menu so maybe they should have purchased extra to cover this?!!!!!! deserts tasted awful and definitely bought-in rather than made on site, disgusting out of a packet taste.. bleurgh. complained about general rubbishness of the night (this was supposed to be a small family xmas gathering) was told "yeah we're a bit busy" pointed out that there was only 5 tables occupied and no more than 40 people in the whole restaurant, we were only a table of 7. No apology, no money off bill. Wont be going back!

“Waste of £90”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and our two friends went to zizzi's on Sunday night. The waitress accidentally tipped an entire pint if coke over me. Accidents happen I accept, however despite being truly soaked through, there was no offer to sort out my light pink jumper that was sticky and could have potentially been ruined. The manager came over and very briefly just offered me a free drink. She did not speak to me properly just threw a "free drink" at the situation. Quite frankly, a small spillage deserves a free drink but being completely doused in coke, making the rest of the evening uncomfortable, deserves a bit more. We were moved to a new table but our old table sat dripping for over ten minutes and my boyfriend also waited a further ten minutes for his fresh pint of coke! We waited for every course all night. My friend's main course of pasta was cold and had to be sent back. They removed the price of this dish from the bill, for her food being cold. Yet as I previously stated I received one glass of wine for being drenched. Following her cold main course my friend complained explaining we were not happy with the way the evening was going and we were then offered free deserts and coffee.
Ultimately, for a couple of alcoholic drinks, 4 starters and 4 mains the bill was £90! I think this is a ridiculous amount for what we had and for the poor service we received. I believe after I had a pint of coke poured over me, the staff wanted to avoid the table out if embarrassment and that's why we were left waiting.
Next time we will go the Graze two doors down where we are never disappointed!

Derby, England, United Kingdom
“Average and probably a 3.5 but could be much better with a little work”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Part of a group of 12 who had booked on a Friday night. The place was busy but by no means full.
Got a table albeit in an odd position and offered drinks quickly and the service throughout was ok.
Plenty of menu choice and prices comparable with other places - a couple of set menus as well.
The food was ok as well although not the best - some of the portions looked a bit small as well (perhaps ones off set menus?)
The atmosphere is very lively and suits groups rather than those seeking something a little quieter!
Even though it is a 3/5, would give it another go but perhaps not on a Friday night. Needs a rethink on table layout as well.

• Visited November 2013
“Fantastic”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

This has to be the friendliest place I've eaten in year. So welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. My son was the centre of attention and our whole table had a lovely meal. Thanks Zizzi derby