“WOW !!!! wow !! WOW !”

Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Absolutely excellent from the time I walked in until the time I left.
The staff are brilliant. Special thank you to Jake the waiter and also the newly appointed head chef Andy. I understand this place has being only going for about 3 months and I hope they have another 333333333 months of business, With the staff in place they should.
They prove complementary courses which I will not divulge with you, this would come at a massive cost to the establishment and I would feel this maybe withdrawn in the months to come, however if they were to continue to provide it would be well worth the extra pennies or pounds they add to the menu.
Having said all this it is reasonably priced and I hope you all enjoy the same experience.
BY FAR THE BEST IN DERBY.
Thanks proprietor and staff for the experience and good luck in the future. You all deserve it.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Last week we visited Blacksmith Loft for the first time since the BlackRock was rebranded. The Facebook page advertised an exceptional deal as part of their recurring 'Secret Wednesday' offers, so we thought we would give it a try.

Although the menu no longer offers the Steak-Rocks, we were not left disappointed by the new dishes. Both starters and mains were beautifully presented, and the taste was commendable. The Secret Wednesday offer made it excellent value for money.

The 'chill-out'/Jazz songs playing in the background make it a great speak-easy place to dine.

Above all, it was the service received throughout the evening that really made the experience. The waitress Louise was particularly friendly and helped us to feel very welcome. She was courteous and attentive to our party and her personality further lifted the atmosphere!

The only minor negative is I feel the venue lacks character in it's decor. The toilet and entrance could also use a refurb to match the more modern restaurant interior.

Other than that I would recommend to all, great food and great service!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Another wonderful meal at Blacksmiths-tasty,interesting food cooked and served with great attention to detail! ( home made bread and flavoured butters-my mouth is watering just thinking about it!).

1  Thank janet j
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

My sister brought me here for a birthday meal. The decor is simple and warm, and the initial welcome was friendly and happy. Our drink orders were taken quickly, and our amuse bouche was a delicious tomato gazpacho, with lovely home made bread and paprika and mustard butter. An amazing start- so tasty. The flavours were incredible.

To start I had the poached duck egg- oh. My. God. It was incredibly tasty, the yolk was perfect, just the right amount of chorizo and the asparagus was delicious. I tried some of my sister's fish starter- wow, absolutely superb.

I had the fillet of beef main- it ranks up there with the best steak I have ever eaten from France. The flavour was beautiful and it just melted in the mouth. The mash and mushrooms were absolutely stunning and complimented it perfectly. I recommend the fresh veg side to go with it- yum!

I had a strawberry cocktail, too, which was very tasty.

We were running out of time on the car at this point and went to pay, when we were told the chef was preparing a creme brûlée for us to share as a birthday treat- boy, am I glad we stayed for it. The raspberry creme brûlée is to die for. The custard is perfect, not flavoured with raspberries so not altered in that way- fresh raspberries at the bottom. Insanely delicious.

Everything is home made here, and created with real passion. I would like to make a special mention to the chef, who I am told was on his own today- you did a phenomenal job, and I adored every mouthful. Thank you for a perfect meal.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Tried this place after recommend by a friend and was amazed by the quality, presentation and attention to detail, best cooked beef I have ever had, real friendly staff and great romantic atmosphere, i would recommend to anyone who like quality food cooked to perfection. U can not wait to go again!