“OK apart from odd breakfast costing?”

Premier Inn Derby East Hotel
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Derby
London, England
“OK apart from odd breakfast costing?”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here for two night whilst visit friends in the area, the room was clean although the TV was dated and not to have HD in this day and age was bad to say the least. I noted from another user's photos that it was not just our room with a relic TV.

We were rather shocked at the breakfast pricing. On Saturday morning the Premier Breakfast is one price, all inclusive and served at your table. Yet, on the Sunday morning it is 'Self-service' and no porridge - yet the same price??? Very strange.

I must compliment the reception staff who were warm, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Nicola E, Area Sales & Guest Relations at Premier Inn Derby East Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and we appreciate your comments about breakfast as we continuously look at ways in which we can improve the Guest's Jouney. Your comments will be passed to the team and I would recommend that any issues regarding breakfast be notified to the Restaurant Duty Manager. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here for two nights over a weekend in April. It is an archetypal Premier Inn; it's on the outskirts of the city centre, has a car park included, low-rise, in-house catering, and focuses on doing the simple things well.

We found that the room was nice, despite proximity to the A52 there was minimal road noise, there was plenty of space and everything was immaculately clean. The bathroom and the television were slightly dated, but this is no big deal. The temperature of the room was good and easily adjustable.

The service we received at check in/check out and during breakfast was universally excellent. We were not disturbed by occupants in adjacent rooms, but we got the impression that we might have been if they'd been occupied by people who were slightly more noisy/boisterous.

My continued disappointment with Premier Inn breakfasts is the cost, I think they're just a bit too expensive for what is very much a regulation product. Premier Inn remains my first choice of the budget hotel chains and this visit certainly would not change that.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate all comments and feedback as we continuously look for ways to improve our service. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
hampshire
Reviewed May 2, 2013

stayed here for 2nights. Very quiet location even though it was on an industrial estate. The reception staff were very friendly and the in house bar with food was a great bonus. The room was clean and very comfortable. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate all feedback and comments. Your review will be passed onto the team for recognition. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My family went down to Alton towers for the weekend. We decided to stay here as it is under an hour away from the park. The hotel is in a good location, was easy to find. The rooms were clean. Food was good but service was slow due to a large party in that night. Breakfast service was also a bit slow and not prepared enough. This again was mainly due to the large party but they should have been prepared. Overall I was happy with the stay and would return again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Please accept my apologies for a slow service during dinner and breakfast, however, as you can appreciate there are times when we can be very busy. I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had a wedding to attend at a nearby venue which was stupidly expensive so elected to stay within taxi distance. The location is a business estate, not near anything if you want to be sampling Derby (unless you are going to the very nearby footie ground) but I have to say on home match day I heard not a peep from footie fans and it was generally quiet and secluded. Sainsbury supermarket within 5 mins walk was very useful!
As is usual in my experience of Premier Inns the room was spacious, clean, and bed very comfortable.
Food was nice, bar area very small though with most space given over to restaurant seating. Bear in mind if you are planning a "session" this is thankfully a place to sleep, not party.
I am a light sleeper so did find disturbance from the outside car park, and from the corridor, best to ask staff when booking if you need quiet.
The staff though were probably amongst the most friendly and helpful I have ever experienced, nothing was too much trouble and I felt their manner neither suspicious or condescending - my example being that I had an issue with my bill and it was sorted in a warm and efficient way.
Can't hesitate to recommend if you need to be in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel, we are delighted that you enjoyed your Stay with us. Premier Inn prides itself on excellent customer service and our Good Night Guarantee, providing you a clean, comfortable, quiet nights sleep. Thank you again for your comments, they will be passed onto the team for recognition, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip, the place is easy to find and not noisy. The bedroom is good enough but does have an old CRT TV rather than an LCD one.

I have stayed at a different Premier Inn before and the food was lovely. Sadly that is not the case here, breakfast is a buffet style which means the bacon etc. is dry, the restaurant is very dark too. For dinner it took 2 1/2 hours to get 3 courses, 5 of us ordered steak cooked in various ways from medium/rare to medium/well after a while our steaks arrived, they were all what I would consider to be rare (still bleeding). 45 minutes later we had to remind the waiting staff that we wanted dessert.

The staff are very friendly but I feel this place is let down by the restaurant facilities. It's not busy enough to warrant buffet breakfast I don't think, the other premier inn I stayed at cooked to order and seemed just as busy so it is possible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nicola E, Area Sales & Guest Relations at Premier Inn Derby East Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate feedback of any kind and whilst I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel, please accept my sincere apologies in regards to an unsatisfactory experience in our restaurant. We are continuously looking at ways in which we can improve our performance, and your comments will be passed to the team. I would recommend that any issues be discussed with the Restaurant Duty Manager to deter any future issues. I hope this hasn't blighted any further stays with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
southend on sea
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find, on an industrial estate which I'm not sure I liked. We arrived a little early, popped in just to make ourselves known, the young receptionist was sadly lacking in hospitality (I should know I'm a Reception Manager of a well known company). We left and dared not come back a minute before 2pm.
Our room was on the top floor and when we walked in it was clearly a dirty room. The hallway was full of staff who were cleaning rooms and as she saw the look of bemusement on our faces at the dirty sheets over the floor of our room and over full bin on the floor she took our key and went off to see what had happened!
She returned 5 minutes later with a different key for a room across the hall.
Room was typical premier inn, however not as nice as the many I've stayed in before.
The bathroom had seen better days, old tiles, rusty bath hand rail, grout missing.
The room overlooked the busy flyover, but next to a busy road and on an industrial
Estate the nieces aren't going to be great.
We are at the onsite resteraunt. Food was nice, staff friendlier than the earlier receptionist. Breakfast was also nice, nothing to complain about.
This is a large Premier Inn, fairly busy too, price was good, did us for a night, food ok. But really do need a friendly greeting after a long drive. Makes all
The difference.

• Stayed April 2013
Nicola H, Manager at Premier Inn Derby East Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review the Hotel, we really appreciate the feedback you have left. We are sorry to hear you did not get the expected warmth of welcome from reception and that your room was dirty on arrival. These issues will be sent directly to the Hotel to be rectified. Please do not hesitate to contact the Hotel directly if you wish to discuss any of these issues further. We are glad that you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast and hope that the problems you encountered will not deter you from staying with us in the future.