“Good food and top staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Masala

Masala
Ranked #49 of 578 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi, Eastern European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Masala is a refreshingly modern but authentic Indian and Bangladeshi Restaurant located in Derby City Centre. At Masala we aim to serve fresh, locally sourced ingredients prepared to long established authentic Indian-Bangladeshi family / regional recipes.The Masala management team has over 40 years of experience and tradition in running successful restaurants in Derbyshire and Leicestershire. Our Menu has been inspired by traditional regional and family recipes from the North East province of Bangladesh as well as scattered influences from the Indian sub-continent.Our philosophy is simple:•Source good fresh local produce—leave out the artificial flavours, preservatives or colours.•Blend it with time honoured traditional family/ regional recipes•Infuse with passion and a hint of modernity.
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good food and top staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I don't go to restaurants often but if I go out I love coming to Masala, the food is always good and the people who work there are always really pleasant and polite. I would definitely recommend going there.

• Visited October 2013
6 Thank Jez T

Derby, United Kingdom
“Friday night curry special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Great location for a Friday night curry. Great food, value for money and tasty staff recommendations.

• Visited November 2013
5 Thank Anthony F
belper
“Large group superbly catered for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have enjoyed several large number group bookings here and I felt I should share my latest experience that I had taking my sixth form group. We pre booked a couple of weeks ahead and the restaurant didn't have any problems with me phoning up and changing numbers the day before. My students were offered the student menu which is great value. Some of the students who weren't use to spicy dishes were able to talk to staff with ease and gain reassurance that the dishes can be made less hot. The next day at work the students were asking when we are going again! Looks like our Christmas meal will be there as well. Thanks for a great evening Masala.

• Visited October 2013
6 Thank Kerry H
Leicester, United Kingdom
“One of the best ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I am a curry lover and particularly madras, and I've eaten lots all over the country but the one I had when my wife and I visited this establishment was one of the best if not the very best Indian meals I have ever had..my wife says hers was very good to and she can be fussy..top marks to all the staff asst the masala,,a top top place to eat.even though its over 20 miles from where we live we will be back for more..thank you..

• Visited November 2013
5 Thank Phillip S
“A good meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal here. My lamb was slightly chewy and I felt not much in terms of meat. The wife said her chicken was nice. The staff were friendly and efficient. The place is certainly worth a try.

4 Thank Matfat2