“5 Star Experience, but London Prices in Derby?”
Review of Cardamom Club - CLOSED

Cardamom Club
Cuisines: Indian, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“5 Star Experience, but London Prices in Derby?”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Overall the experience was excellent, friendly staff, great decor and best of all the superb food. We had a lovely evening and were made to feel very welcome. I wish the owner and staff every success for the venture. but cannot help feeling that the current pricing structure would make this a special occassion place, rather than somewhere that I would go each week if it were more affordable. Derby is not Knightsbridge, but if it is the selective visitor that the enterprise is aimed at, I wish them the best of luck. 10 out of 10!

6 Thank Ray D

“Fantastic restaurant top class***********interiors are breathtaking”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Really beautiful restaurant, food was outstanding and the staff very helpful.

We both ordered the prawn main from the fine dining menu which is just exceptional value, recommended.

For dessert, there was only ever really one option for me - the cheeseboard. What a selection of cheese!

Go and try you won't be disappointed.

9 Thank Shampers10
“Exceptional”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We went for my sisters birthday and it was the best birthday she had! Everything was excellent! I couldn't find a fault! Starters were soooo good I thought the mains couldn't get better but I was surprised, the mains were EVEN better! We had a variety of dishes from the fine dining menu and as I previously owed an Indian restaurant I was looking for fault and I can honestly say I couldn't find one. The little touches made the experience though, the chef making the effort to explain the menu and where all fresh ingredients come from, the bar staff ensuring all drinks were topped all at times, they promoted cocktails which was refreshing rather than just asking us what we wanted to drink. We felt so welcome. I didn't once feel like I was in derby and felt like I was in a luxury restaurant in swanky central London. I've recommended it to many friends and can't wait to spend many more weekends there for drinks in the champagne bar with friends. It's finally nice to have a exceptional indian fine dining experience and the comfort of a lounge and bar in beautiful surroundings! Just what derby needs!

Visited April 2013
7 Thank Sham A
derby
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We booked a table for 4 people and our initial thoughts on entering the restaurant was Wow!! It all looked very opulent and most impressive. However upon being seated in the main restaurant (fine dining), we were given menus but not a wine list, after 10 minutes we had to ask if we could order some drinks and were told yes and they would get someone to take our order, nobody came until they came to take our food order, so we asked again if we could order our drinks, they took our drinks order along with our food order. The first course arrived and still no drinks, we were told the manager would be bringing them. We eventually got the drinks but not without alot of effort. As regards the food the starters were very nice but were only luke warm(almost cold). The mains courses however were all very very spicy, there was no indication on the menu that the dishes we chose would be this hot and we could'nt belive we were not asked how spicy we like our food if they knew thay were going to be so hot. There was a 12.5% service charge added on at the end and we didnt feel this was appropriate as surely it should be our decision if we wish to leave a tip. Its very nice to go to a restaurant that looks the way this does, but we feel the service and food need to be improved and it is overpriced.

11 Thank Sharon F
“"Wow factor" reminds me of being in Dubai”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend booked for a meal last Saturday, the greeting staff were very welcoming & friendly. We went to the bar first and asked the bar man for a recommended cocktail, we were surprised with an amazing champagne cocktail. Me and my girlfriend were very impressed with the quality and taste of food. We then stayed on for the live band that was playing. We got there at 6pm and left at 2am, at last a place for the mature to enjoy, without having to travel around to different places. Thank you to the staff for a great evening.

11 Thank Hamed121