“spooky going ons”
Review of Derby Gaol

Derby Gaol
Ranked #25 of 83 things to do in Derby
Reviewed October 21, 2013

great place to visit to experiance some real history, the staff know their stuff and if you go on a ghost walk you can experiance the full package

Reviewed October 13, 2013

A little disappointing to be honest
Only a small part exists -some of the cells.
The upper parts of the building appear to have been converted into offices?

2  Thank HenryCrabbe
Reviewed October 9, 2013

i booked this tour for my partners birthday for 08/10/13..........arrived in plenty of time and stood at the entrance with another couple who had travelled from Norfolk,we were told when booking to arrive at 18.50 for a 7 o`clock start,.by 19.15 nobody else had arrived so i phoned just to be told the tour had been cancelled,neither myself or the other couple waiting had been contacted.

the couple from Norfolk had spent nearly £400 on fuel and a local hotel for the night in Derby.

4  Thank andrew w
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had our friend's over for five days from America and booked the ghost walk as one of our evenings entertainments. Arriving a good half hour early I went to check if we were parked in an appropriate place and found some gents working in the yard behind the entrance marked Derby Gaol. On asking if it was ok to park the car where it was for the gost walk I was told it was but there was no gost walk tonight. To which I informed him there was and that we had booked it about a fortnight previously. He said it had been cancelled the day before to which I informed him that nobody had been in touch with us. The guys made many attemps to contact the organisation but could not get a response. They gave us the numbers to contact the organisers and I then phoned and left a terse message on the answering machine. Now a week later nobody has contacted us and we have not received an explanation or an apology. We booked through Derby Tourist Information and they have refunded our money. Not their fault but the Ghost Walk organisers have been very disappointing in their customer relations.

5  Thank mgna
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We met in here for a group ghost walk, conducted by Felix & his Son, Really quirky place, it is what you would expect from an 18th century Goal. Old, dark, slightly scary but very enjoyable, worth a visit.

2  Thank Deni34